- $17 to $23 Hourly
Are you kind and caring? Energetic? Hard-working? Do you love people and pets?
Paradise Animal Hospital has an employment opportunity available for a full-time or part-time Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant to join our family. Our 6 doctor practice is located in Catonsville, MD. We pride ourselves on hiring team members who are compassionate, collaborative and growth-minded.
This full-time position ranges between 36 - 40 hours per week and part-time is 30 or less per week. We work with our team to determine 8 hour, 10 hour, or 12 hour shifts based on hospital needs and what you prefer. You'll work an 8 hour Saturday shift approximately twice each month. Our team works together to schedule Saturdays to promote healthy work-life balance.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the growth of our practice through learning, taking initiative, prioritizing tasks and working well within our veterinary team. We provide excellent health care to our patients and compassion to our clients, so strong client service skills are appreciated.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting veterinarian with all aspects of exams; setting up patient appointments, taking a patient history, and obtaining some vitals
- Routine nail trims, blood draws, anal gland expression
- Radiology and surgical patient care assistance
- Medication preparation and administration
- Preparing vaccinations, obtaining laboratory samples, and reviewing microscopic samples
- Preparing prescriptions and educating clients on appropriate usage
- Organizing, restocking, & cleaning exam rooms, pharmacy area, treatment room, and surgical areas
- Caring for hospitalized patients; providing medical treatments as directed by our doctors
- Cleaning and sanitizing patient areas
- Entering medical notes and charges as needed into Impromed software
- Other duties, as assigned
- Ability to commit to our core values: Compassion, Accountability, Communication, Collaboration, & Growth
- Possession of high school diploma or GED
- Veterinary state license completion preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of prior experience in this role is required
- Strong computer and phone skills
- Ability to multi-task & work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, & organizational skills
- Able to communicate professionally & efficiently with team members and clients
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, follows through with assigned tasks
- Flexible schedule, able to work Saturdays and minimal overtime as needed
- Two years technician or assistant experience preferred
- Ability to lift and/or restrain up to 50 pounds
- Standing for long periods with frequent bending, kneeling, stooping and reaching
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and other physical activities for minimum 8-12 hour periods based on your schedule
Paradise Animal HospitalCatonsville, MD
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.