Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. - Milton Berle
Come build your door with us. It’s what we do here.
At Paradigm, we make world-class software and deliver high-quality professional services for the building products industry. Our success is tied directly to our customers’ success, so we do what it takes to make sure they’re successful. And we know that we couldn’t do it without our awesome employees.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team.
Our Cloud Operations team is looking for a highly motivated and driven Senior Cloud Operations Engineer to work closely with all other teams to support our hosted customer infrastructure and to assist incident management in the production environments. Key responsibilities for this role include providing cloud foundational services to the company, supporting cloud operations, and supporting bringing new product initiatives into the cloud.
What You Will Do:
- You will analyze and support infrastructure in both Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- You will support cloud administrators including mentorship and best practices for monitoring, alerting, infrastructure setup, networking, and troubleshooting.
- You will implement, provision, enforce, and inform the enterprise cloud architecture.
- You will provide cloud foundational services, such as identity and access management, networking, policy and compliance, security, enterprise logging, monitoring and alerting
- Define cloud standards.
- Support a DevSecOps approach to the software development life cycle (SDLC) for cloud infrastructure.
- Possess expertise in automation of SDLC for cloud infrastructure.
- Implement automation standards.
- Define availability and resiliency standards for products in the cloud.
- You will manage vendor relationships, including billing and invoicing matters with cloud providers.
- Support the organization with matters related to cloud finance including cost optimization efforts, hardware right-sizing, and billing alerts
- You will follow, develop, and maintain runbooks and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- You will manage network and security configurations. You will provide recommendations for improvement.
- You will collaborate with cloud architects, product owners, developers, and support staff to ensure continuous and reliable delivery of service.
What You Need to Succeed:
- You have 5 years of relevant experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree in IT, Computer Science, Cloud Administration, Software Development, or related major.
- You have a strong understanding of creation, analysis, and use of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot containerization technologies such as Docker.
- You are proficient with Windows Server and Linux Administration.
- You are familiar with stack of IIS, SQL, Nginx; Git, Bitbucket, and related tools; CI\CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gauge the technical ability of individuals and communicate with them in an appropriate technical or non-technical language.
- A valid passport or ability to obtain passport that allows for travel outside of the US is required.
Ready to Join? Apply now at myparadigm.com/careers/
ParadigmWhy Work Here?
Way too many reasons-check us out at www.myparadigm.com/careers/
TechnologyView all jobs at Paradigm