- Posted: over a month ago
Paradigm Tax Group is a national consulting firm specializing exclusively in providing taxpayers of commercial, industrial, multi-residential, and special purpose properties with full-range property assessment and tax management services. We have a strategic national reach with 20+ offices across the United States.
The primary function of the BPP Compliance Tax Consultant is to assist the BPP Compliance Manager with multiple projects, provide excellent customer service, prepare business personal property returns, and provide value analysis.
- Manipulate and analyze raw data from various accounting and reporting systems.
- Perform detailed reviews of asset data and supporting documentation for determining proper valuations for purposes of quantifying tax assessments.
- Assist with the preparation, review, and processing of tax returns for clients.
- Review of personal property tax assessments, filing/handling assessment protests, and handling audits.
- Negotiate with government officials to obtain assessed value adjustments for clients.
- Proactively secure tax abatements and exemptions.
- Respond to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Review documentation and research issues.
- Assist on high-volume compliance portfolios.
- Provide exceptional client service to multi-state companies by working with a team to identify tax savings opportunities.
- Assist with the preparation of client billings and timely collection of receivables.
- Address issues that arise from client operations.
- Maintain direct contact with clients and various jurisdictions as requested by the Manager.
- Continuously develop tax expertise, analytical capabilities, and soft skills.
- Update internal compliance software with appropriate tax-related information for each assigned client.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years personal property tax or related experience preferred
- Possess a fundamental understanding of state tax laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and strong self-motivation.
- Must be able to work effectively with little day-to-day direction/supervision.
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects, activities, and deadlines.
- Able to cultivate client relationships and work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively.
- Work independently and demonstrate initiative to accomplish goals.
- Experience with OneSource Property Tax software preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office 365 (Work, Outlook, Excel)
Paradigm Tax Group LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Paradigm Tax Group LLC