Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To perform all the aspects necessary for the fabrication of the company's products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read and use calibrated tooling and equipment such as but not limited to vernier calipers, height gages, pi-tapes, plug gages, micrometers, go/no go gages, thread gages, cylindrical plug and vertical dividing head.
- Semi-proficient in the use of angle grinder, straight grinder, high speed/pencil grinder, gapping tools and gapping pins to perform blending, deburring, drilling, gapping, grinding and prepping operations.
- Proficient in maintaining specific tolerances and accurately perform dimensions.
- Proficient in the processes of deburring, drilling, blending welds, and maintaining specific tolerances.
- Semi-proficient in setting up and operating sheet metal machines such as but not limited to shear, rollers, band saw, nibblers, belt sanders, sizers and press brake.
- Able to use the band saw to perform operations such as but not limited to cutting moderate complex layouts.
- Roll cones and cylinders.
- File ends of sheared or sawed sheet stock.
- Sand items on belt sanding machine to the specified dimensions.
- Assist in set-up and operate sizers according to the specifications.
- Assist in set-up and operate blasting equipment for preparation of metal surfaces.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- The job has no supervisory responsibilities. However, the employee under the supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor will assist with the training of other employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two (2) to five (5) years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam on an annual basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability to hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
Title: Sheet Metal Worker-Entry Level-2nd Shift
Country: United States
Department: Manufacturing Operations