Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To perform all aspects necessary for the maintenance of the equipment used in the manufacturing of marine, nuclear, power generation and turbine aerospace components and, the repair and construction within the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of industrial mechanics and industrial electricity.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Able to use and care for related test equipment.
- Able to operate maintenance shop equipment.
- Performs and/or assists in installing, servicing (including daily oiling & coolant checks) and maintaining in the operating condition all of the equipment.
- Make routine, periodic or special inspections to determine the necessity of the repair and maintenance of the plant machinery and equipment.
- Use manufacturers' drawings and specifications, installation, layouts and sketches to facilitate internal handling of less than major repairs.
- Required to have a valid Connecticut driver's license and a company issued fork truck license.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary including but not limited to chip management and removal)
The job has no supervisory responsibilities. However under the supervision of the Master Maintenance Mechanic will assist with the training of other employees.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability to hear.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
***Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.***
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - Intermediate
Country: United States
Department: Manufacturing Operations