Director, Human Resources
Paradigm Precision Manchester, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
The Director or Human Resources ensures processes and procedures are followed alike at all sites, looks for opportunities for improvement, coaches and guides the HR Managers and teams at each location with problem solving and complex employee issues, communicates changes or direction for the business and ultimately ensures a one Paradigm Precision approach. Responsible for multiple sites, may include international locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under general direction:
- Partner with business leaders to support short and long-term goals for business operations and growth
- Act as an organizational coach who develops the HR team to solve for complex issues
- Develop policies and procedures ensuring a one Paradigm Precision approach
- Create an atmosphere that supports employee engagement and productivity
- Drive overall site compliance with compensation, performance, succession planning, training, development plans and employee relations
- Communicate business strategies that impact workforce planning and human capital
- Champion multiple improvement projects across Paradigm Precision to ensure sustainment in business growth and talent retention
- Demonstrate thought leadership by remaining current on HR trends and laws to advise business partners on labor relations issues
- Share best practices across multiple sites
- Partner with executive and/or site leadership in analyzing, interpreting, and forecasting workforce trends for department(s) and identify and monitor key HR metrics (vacancy and turnover rates, aging demographics, etc.), collaborating to develop strategies to address concerns/gaps
- Plan and execute strategies that support diversity and inclusion, culture, organizational structure, talent development and workforce planning
- Identify opportunities for improvement creating efficiency and effectiveness at multiple sites
- Travel to site locations as required
Adhere to all Core Values (Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Development of People, Integrity, Corporate Citizenship, Continuous Improvement, Respect).
Adhere to all Core Competencies (Communication, Teamwork, Achieving Results, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Judgement).
Other job-related duties as assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
This job may have supervisory responsibilities and may also lead HR teams without direct reporting responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related discipline
- Eight or more years of human resources management in a manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of interviewing techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Familiar with Human Resource Information Systems
- Able to read, write, and speak in standard English
- Ability to partner with all levels of the organization
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development or similar preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in working within Aerospace
- Experience in leading a team of Human Resource professionals
- SHRM-CP (Society of Human Resource Management – Certified Professional) or SHRM-SCP (Society of Human Resource Management – Senior Certified Professional) certification preferred
- Highly motivated, genuine and personable
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Paradigm Precision