Paradigm Precision a DPG Company Manchester, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
The Senior Buyer solicits quotations and negotiates with vendors for materials, equipment, and services to establish the best-in-class costs to support corporate objectives, as needed, ensuring on time delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under limited supervision:
- Place orders on basis of best cost, delivery, quality, specifications, and service levels desired.
- Implement process improvements to minimize tactical administrative requirements, and maximize value add negotiation and supplier development activities.
- Report cost savings and cost containment results.
- Prepare metrics, reports, to illustrate health and performance of Supply Chain efforts.
- Manage competitive bidding process, negotiation, and execution of purchase agreements and maintenance of product specifications.
- Must be aware of general budgeting/standard costing management strategies in order to adequately plan and carry out procurement functions in accordance with Corporate and various divisional policies.
- Schedule projects, and schedules, with manufacturers based on established deadlines and specific product requirements. Follow up with various Production groups and vendors so that required performance dates are achieved.
- Prepare accurate purchase orders to ensure that all specifications are met by vendor, to include accurate receipt of product
- May provide support and training to other employees
Adheres to all Core Values (Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Development of People, Integrity, Corporate Citizenship, Continuous Improvement, Respect).
Adheres to all Core Competencies (Communication, Teamwork, Achieving Results, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Judgement).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Other job-related duties as assigned
This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- 7 years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems
- Working knowledge of Bill of Materials
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read blueprints that include geometric tolerances, and parameters
- Experience sourcing new items
- Experience reviewing supplier capabilities
- Able to read, write, and speak in standard English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or related field
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
Paradigm Precision a DPG Company
BusinessView all jobs at Paradigm Precision a DPG Company