- Posted: over a month ago
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing and unmanned aerial vehicles.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Production Planner
Responsible for a variety of analytical and administrative duties within the designated cells, in conjunction with creating and releasing job orders through the Symix system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plan, schedule and coordinate with the Manufacturing Supervision to avoid potential bottlenecks, preventing production delays.
• Responsible for placing the purchasing requisitions and amending the purchase orders for materials and services required throughout the production of hardware.
• Determines the workload verses the shop capacity to maintain the manufacturing schedule priorities.
• Recommends off-load or other actions to solve the capacity problems.
• Uses the computer system to track the revised requirements for maintaining on time customer delivery.
• Works closely with Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing Supervision and the Management team.
• Responsible for ordering the material, tracking the shortages, maintaining and controlling the inventory levels in the Bond Room and the parts on the shop floor.
• Responsible for splitting the processes and the adding of engineering change notices.
• Issues the material to the shop floor enabling a steady workflow.
• Investigates and corrects the inconsistencies of the vendor packing slips.
• Creates the processes for the drop-ship material and their stock requisitions.
• Keeps accurate records for all of the job and lot numbers.
• Keeps track of the purchase orders for timely delivery to support the production requirements.
• Monitors all of the quality and standard procedures and assist the Supervisor in resolving issues that arise.
• Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two (2) year Degree in Business or equivalent and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience, or a High School Degree or equivalent and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience. APICS training/certification is a plus.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office Products and general computer skills.
• Creating/modifying mechanical drawings with any popular CAD system is preferred.
• Experience with a MRP system is required.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, oil based lubricants and cleaning solutions
• The noise level in the work environment is usually middling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• W While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• The employee is frequently required to talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Paradigm Precision is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.
Paradigm Precision a DPG Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?