Metal Fabricator II
- Posted: over a month ago
Paradigm Precision specializes in the manufacturing of complex fabrication and precision machined components for gas turbine engines. We serve customers around the world in commercial and military aviation, power generation, the marine industry, rotary wing, and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Plan, fabricate, assemble, and repair sheet metal products.
Under general supervision:
- Read and use calibrated tooling and equipment such as but not limited to vernier calipers, height gages, pi-tapes, plug gages, micrometers, go/no go gages, thread gages, cylindrical plug and vertical dividing head.
- Assist in developing methods, procedures and operation sequences on work of a special design or characteristic.
- Utilize and interpret blueprints to determine how and where to fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products
- Measure, mark dimensions and lay out material to be installed using tools such as scribes, rulers, calculators and squares
- Fasten joints and seams in sheet metal with solder, welds, caulk, bolts and metal driver clips, ensuring work is done carefully and bonds will last
- Check parts using specified gages or check parts using furnished fixtures to see that dimensions are being maintained.
- Maintain specific tolerances and accurately perform dimensions
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and precautions.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Adheres to all Core Values (Health and Safety, Quality, Customer Service, Development of People, Integrity, Corporate Citizenship, Continuous Improvement, Respect).
Adheres to all Core Competencies (Communication, Teamwork, Achieving Results, Commitment to Continuous Improvement, Judgement).
- 3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to read, write, and speak in standard English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Working knowledge of specific properties of metals used
- Ability to speak effectively before employees in the organization.
- Professional sheet metal fabricator certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years relevant experience
Paradigm Precision a DPG Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?