Paradigm is looking for a front-end web developer / UX engineer to join our Web team in our Saint Louis office.
Participates in all aspects of client project web development assignments.
Build and maintain responsive dynamic database driven websites for our customers.
Manage multiple projects from concept through completion without continual supervision.
Write and maintain custom responsive themes for various cms'.
Support and maintain existing client projects.
Create coded projects that may be easily maintained and curated by content administrators and other entities.
Provide quality control over both code and visual concepts/designs.
Collaborate closely with other web developers, interface designers, software developers and account strategists.
Web performance optimization (page load efficiency, caching, and coding for SEO)
Adherence to common and trending UX design patterns
WordPress (CMS) development - Experience with, and understanding of, how basic hooks, actions, logic and structure work. Including:
Theme development, child themes and template creation.
Creating basic extensions and/or plugins.
Creating intuitive, user-friendly interfaces for public-facing and administrative experiences.
Platforms - WordPress, WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, and other open source CMS platforms
Workflow - Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git
- Detail-Oriented - You are a stickler for all the little details with the ability to maintain well documented, reusable, and transferable code.
- Self Starting - You are personally responsible for your work product, milestones and deadlines.
- Curious - You are ever curious, open to learning and a good researcher in finding answers.
- Critical Thinking - You are capable of working through project challenges in advocating for the best solution on client projects.
- Collaborative - You enjoy collaboration of teamwork in creating successful projects.
Education & Experience:
- 2+ years of professional front-end web development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or webpack
- Experience creating responsive design coded emails
- Familiarity with Adobe products
- Familiarity with Atomic design principles
Paradigm is a full-service branding and digital marketing firm that’s been around longer than Google. Since 1995, we’ve expanded our expertise, grown our team, and never stopped pursuing “what’s next.” We are creators and communicators. We are designers and developers. We are storytellers and strategists. We are Paradigm.
Make Great Things With Us
We’re searching for people of passion to join our growing firm. Show us what you’re all about. Email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates must submit this information for consideration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary, 401(k) plan, health, dental, vision, disability coverage; life insurance, paid time off as well as reimbursement for continuing education. You’ll enjoy a thriving firm culture in an inspiring work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth.