- Expired: April 09, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Paradigm is seeking a Technical Writer to assist our client, a leader in the timber equipment manufacturing industry, with help in creating clear and concise internal documentation. The ideal candidate will be confident in providing feedback, and spearheading improvements. This is an on-site role in Woodland, WA.
Type: 6-month contract
Location: Woodland, WA (On-Site)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K, and more
As a Technical Writer you will:
- Create documentation that meets organizational standards
- Gain understanding of our systems and services, and translate complex information into engaging content
- Evaluate existing content and suggest methods for improvement
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of target audience, turning insights into language for user success
- Research, outline, write, and edit content, working closely with various administrators to understand requirements
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Revise, edit, and recommend best solutions for data compilation and centralized storage
- Create, and maintain information architecture templates that adhere to departmental, organizational and legal standards and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with consistent voice across all documentation
Our skills and experience wish list includes:
- 2+ years of experience as an effective technical writer
- Experienced utilizing IT Glue
- Understanding of or experience with ITSM or ITIL concepts (preferred)
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience in working with engineers to improve user experience, refine content, and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications, or relevant technical field preferred
- Firm understanding of SDLC preferred
- Professional certification (ex: Society for Technical Communication) preferred
Paradigm offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, and sick days.
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a staffing solutions firm dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the work place. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only local candidates able to work directly for Paradigm as W-2 employees can be considered for this position. No agents, please.
Paradigm Information Services
Get fresh Technical Writer Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.