Firmware Engineer (Embedded C++)
- Posted: over a month ago
Paradigm is seeking an intelligent and highly motivated Firmware Engineer (Embedded C++) for our client, a leader in professional audio visual solutions, based in Beaverton, OR. The ideal candidate will be able to design, implement, test, debug, and maintain embedded software for networked digital media processing equipment and related accessory products.
Type: Direct hire, on-site, full time
Location: Beaverton, OR
Pay Rate: DOE
Responsibilities of the Firmware Engineer:
- Analyze product functional requirements to determine required data structures and behaviors
- Create written documentation for firmware designs
- Design and implement firmware modules using C++, object-oriented modeling, and standard design patterns and techniques
- Define test cases and write test automation which effectively validate module designs
- Help in the design, development, tools and processes that will be used to build new products
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge and skills:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience developing commercial embedded software
- Ability to work within a large, established, object-oriented application
- Experience with non-graphical multi-threaded applications using the Linux operating system
- Strong knowledge of the C++ programming language, and C++ standard template libraries
- Experience interfacing with devices using communications buses including SPI and I2C
- Experience using debuggers such as gdb (or equivalent) to debug embedded applications
- Experience with debugging/troubleshooting microprocessor boot sequences
- Experience working in the Git revision control system
- Comfortable working with open source tools/libraries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
Additional preferred skills include:
- Experience working with various network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, Ethernet etc.
- Experience working with Wireshark or other network traffic analysis tools
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages, Python
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a staffing solutions firm dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
No agents, please.
Paradigm Information Services
TechnologyView all jobs at Paradigm Information Services