Embedded Controls Engineer
Paradigm is looking for an Embedded Controls engineer to help design, develop, power on, debug and support Embedded Controllers to support our client, a systems software company. EC's are the controls that run just before the BIOS to control parts in hardware such as thermal fans, led lights, and batteries.
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Beaverton, OR or Redmond, WA locations
Benefits: Health, Dental, Disability, & Vision, Health Savings Account, 401k/401k Matching, Life Insurance, and Tuition Assistance
As a Embedded Controls Engineer you will:
- Debug hardware and firmware issues.
- Provide guidance and respond to feedback from BMC, QA, tech writers, and customer teams.
- Develop Embedded Controllers for next-generation computers.
- Develop original code and solutions for customization and value-add features.
- Power on early hardware and through simulation.
- Support bug and security fixes through a product's lifecycle.
- Document work using project management tools.
- Work closely with onsite and remote teams towards shared goals.
- Work closely with silicon vendors for problem analysis and resolution.
Our Skills and Wishlist includes:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent, or 7+ years in firmware or software development.
- 3+ years' experience in Embedded Controller development for personal computers.
- Proficiency in C and C++.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Must be able to work within both Windows and Linux environments.
- Knowledge of firmware debugging tools & methodologies.
- Low-level hardware experience.
- Understanding of networking protocols.
Our client offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, sick days and more.
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a staffing solutions firm dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the work place. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only local candidates able to work directly for Paradigm as W-2 employees can be considered for this position. No agents, please.
Paradigm Information ServicesBeaverton, OR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.