Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Paradigm Information Services, Inc. Eugene, OR
Environmental Health and Safety Engineer
Paradigm Information Services, Inc.
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Paradigm is currently in search of an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to work for our client in the forest products equipment industry. This person will play a crucial role in ensuring the health and safety of their employees and maintaining compliance with environmental regulations. The responsibilities will include managing various environmental requirements, conducting health and safety audits, and fostering continuous improvement in EH&S programs. This position will require up to 15% travel between Oregon and Washington.
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Eugene, OR
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, and sick days.
As an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer, you will:
- Manage various environmental requirements, including Tier II/TRI reporting, air permit record keeping, and SWPPP/SPCCC obligations.
- Support the execution of all applicable health and safety requirements, conducting program audits and inspections.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace to develop facility risk hazard and personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments.
- Complete corrective actions resulting from audits, inspections and other non-compliances.
- Partner with the EH&S team and stakeholders to continually improve EH&S programs, systems, and processes, aiming to minimize hazards.
- Act as a liaison with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies in the absence of the EH&S Regional Manager.
- Support the implementation and adherence of proper emergency preparedness and response capabilities.
- Partner in the development of EH&S education and training materials, provide training as needed.
- Manage EH&S records and documentation.
- Support facility safety committees to enhance overall safety awareness and practices.
- Support Management of Change (MOC) requests to ensure seamless integration of changes without compromising safety.
- Track data aggregation to support of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to EH&S.
- Identify and support efforts related to Environmental/Health and Occupational Safety Management Systems and Employee Engagement.
- Manage work-related or potentially work-related injuries, illness, and near misses, including incident management, root cause analysis corrective, and preventative actions.
Our skills and experience wish list includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety or Environment Science/Environmental Engineering.
- 5-8 years of work-related experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Multi-site responsibilities.
- Exceptional communication skills: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Strong advocate for change with a bias for action.
- Ability to complete projects as assigned on time.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments and stakeholders.
- Required 15% travel between Oregon and Washington.
Our client offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and sick days.
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? Its possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a staffing solutions firm dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. Were connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in todays job market.
Paradigm Information Services does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Paradigm Information Services, Inc.Eugene, OR
Energy and Environment
25 days ago
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.