Paradigm Healthcare Services is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer to play a central role in creating and maintaining the company’s internal and external infrastructure. You’ll be working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure, playing a key role in ensuring the company continues to produce industry-leading solutions.
Paradigm Healthcare Services is a full-scale Medicaid reimbursement recovery partner serving public education institutions and governmental agencies. Our mission is to help schools leverage their data and every available dollar to build robust and sustainable school health programs. Our web applications are central for enabling our clients to recover over $100M in federal reimbursements annually, which is then used to support school and community health services, nationwide. As the model in our field, our reputation lies in our expertise and customer service.
Paradigm is a tightly-knit small business with positions ranging from Medicaid billing specialists to customer service representatives, account managers, policy analysts, data analysts, and developers and engineers. Paradigm’s environment is dynamic—working here means being part of a self-motivated team, solving complex issues every day.
Develop and maintain customer-facing web applications and operational data management systems in a predominantly open-source environment; manage data integration between legacy apps and production systems; develop additional data management and analysis tools as needed; manage hardware OS, and database layers for production systems, including monitoring, upgrades and maintenance; create and maintain automation and testing scripts; and, create and maintain detailed documentation for all code and systems.
Work Location: San Francisco
Travel Requirements: None
Paradigm offers many benefits to its employees. We pay 100% of the health insurance premium for employees and dependents, including domestic partners. We offer a rich Kaiser plan, that includes vision care, dental coverage and a chiropractic program. We offer paid vacation starting at 40 hours per week (which increases with over time), 8 paid holidays throughout the year, and paid sick leave of 72 hours per year. Other benefits and perks include: pre-tax public transit and parking benefits with a 25% contribution towards commuter checks; 401(K) plan and match; disability insurance (at no cost to you); pre-tax flexible spending account (FSA) for qualifying dependent care and medical expenses; and, ongoing professional development.
What We Are Looking For
- 4+ years of database-driven web application experience in a business workflow context
- 4+ years database administration.
- 4+ years of experience maintaining, optimizing, and securing a LAMP stack.
- Experience with one or more Object Relational Mappings: SQLAlchemy (Preferred)
- Familiar with Bootstrap front end framework and front-end layout techniques and functionality
- Experience with an HTML template systems: Jinja2 (Preferred)
- Experience with MVC design patterns and frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Django, Pylons, Flask (Preferred)
- Experience with relational database system and working knowledge of SQL: MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle (preferred)
- Experience using Datatables.js or any other front-end data presentation tools.
- Strong desire to learn and the ability to refine requirements to meet business goals
- A track record of writing reliable, maintainable code
- Apache experience (load balancing, caching, reverse proxy, and authn/z)
- Linux web/application server configuration
- Previous experience using Ubuntu on Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3, primarily), cloud deployment
- Familiar with source control management: Git (preferred)
- Knowledge of Perl would be helpful to troubleshoot legacy systems.
- REST API design
- Bachelor’s degree
Interested in Joining Our Team? Apply Now!
Interested candidates please submit your resume and qualifications; include why you would be a good fit for this position as well as a Paradigm Healthcare Services employee.