Grill Cylinder Dock Associate
Paraco Gas Corp Waterbury, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Initial responsibilities will include learning specific tasks related to the new platform as well as providing vital support for the facility and service operations. Paraco production line employees will be responsible for learning all production line tasks to facilitate safe, responsible and efficient operations. Working within the production team, each Paraco employee is expected to report any issues, ensuring safe and efficient operation of the production line.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be a key member of the Gas Production Line Grill Cylinder Dock team.Key responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in all facets of safe operations of the new Tank/Cylinder manufacturing platform:
- Unloading, inspecting, evacuating, refilling, organizing and loading of tanks/cylinders.
- Operating varied 2 and 3-wheel hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklift to lift and move larger tanks/cylinders.
- Cylinder refurbishing including sanding, priming, painting and labeling.
- Overfill Protection Device “OPD” valves inspection, testing and replacement of non-compliant valves.
- Refilling tanks/cylinders for delivery to commercial and residential customers.
- Calibrating scales daily.
- Facility maintenance - keeping production floor clean and organized.
- Issue troubleshooting, inclusive of electrical, plumbing rough-in with occasional use of power tools, trenching, etc.
- Performing other production line related duties as assigned.
- Listening, reading and following instructions to perform position responsibilities safely and efficiently.
- Attending safety and educational seminars including required training and certifications for safe operations.
- Focusing on the tasks at hand ensuring attention to detail, awareness of surroundings ensuring safety.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills to speak with customers, vendors and other employees.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Routinely handle objects weighing up to 50 pounds and on occasion may be expected to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 75 pounds up to chest height.
- Strong interpersonal skills and be very customer focused, enthusiastic, committed, motivated and resourceful.
- Preferred but not required experience includes:
- Sanding for rust removal, priming and painting.
- Safe 2 and 3 wheeled hand truck, pallet jack and forklift operation (along with prior OSHA safety training).
- Responsible and efficient welding and/or soldering ensuring strength of materials welded/soldered.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to work first shift, 6:30AM to 3:00PM, Monday to Friday, and overtime when and as needed.
Power your journey. | Learn more at www.paracogas.com/careers/
Paraco proudly offers our colleagues exceptional benefits including but not limited to medical, Rx, Vision and Dental, a 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off, company holidays, tuition reimbursement, uniforms, propane discounts & more.
Paraco Gas Corporation is one of the largest privately held propane marketer in the Northeast. As a local, family-owned company with over 50 years of experience in the propane industry, we are proud to be recognized as one of the largest propane retailers and independent marketers of propane nationally (LP Gas Magazine Survey 2018). By putting customers first in everything we do, our professional services team, our extensive fleet and our unparalleled supply availability enable Paraco Gas to be an energy services leader.