Research Project Coordinator
Parabon NanoLabs Reston, VA
- Posted: 28 days ago
- $50,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Parabon is a fast-paced, innovative R&D organization focused on DNA. We need a Research Project Coordinator with strong attention to detail to join our team! In this role you will help manage the company's highly scientific projects in the bioinformatics and DNA nanotechnology divisions. The ideal candidate must have a strong background in project management. Candidates with experience in clinical research/human subject studies and/or FDA IND filings, while not a requirement, are encouraged to apply.
- Provide project management support for Company’s government research & development projects.
- Assist executives with the commercialization efforts of the new and emerging technologies and services that result from research projects.
- Manage subcontractor scientists with recruitment efforts associated with human subjects research studies (e.g., the development of recruitment strategies)
- Plan and coordinate daily activities for assigned projects in conjunction with the project Principal Investigator.
- Use project management software to create and manage Gantt charts
- Edit monthly reports and submit them to sponsors.
- Track and analyze costs associated with grants and contracts as part of the monthly reporting responsibilities.
- Conduct market/competitor assessments.
- Assist with subcontracting activities, including but not limited to administrative and financial oversight of subcontractors and service providers.
- Work with the financial team to draft and/or review & approve invoices
- Provide administrative support to the executives and principal investigators as needed.
- In addition to project management this position will support R&D proposal pursuit efforts, including but not limited to, researching solicitations, developing proposal templates, writing and editing proposal content, developing budgets and justifications, and proposal submission responsibilities.
In order to be effective in the position, the candidate must have:
- At least two  years of experience using Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, OmniPlan or other software tool that manages project resources;
- At least two  years professional work experience supporting government contract projects;
- At least one  year of work experience supporting government proposal pursuits;
- Experience working in a highly technical or scientific organization;
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail (e.g., experience successfully performing audits or data integrity oversight); and,
- Bachelor’s degree.
Must be able to work in the office in Reston, Virginia during normal daytime business hours as needed. Remote work is temporarily available for this position during COVID. After orientation, the person will only have to work in the office 1 or 2 days per week. During the new hire orientation period, the employee will need to be in the office several days for training.
Experience supporting principal investigators of clinical research/human subjects research projects and/or experience with regulatory organizations such as the FDA.
If you have had this type of experience, please be sure to mention it in your cover letter.
Parabon NanoLabsWhy Work Here?
If you are extremely organized, detail oriented AND like research projects that have societal benefits, this may be the position for you!
Parabon NanoLabs, Inc. (Parabon) is a vertically integrated DNA technology company that develops next-generation therapeutic and forensic products by leveraging the enormous power of DNA. Staffed by a uniquely qualified team of scientists and technologists whose expertise ranges from bioinformatics and immunology to chemistry and computer science. Our team is bringing to market revolutionary new products and services made possible by recent advances in DNA sequencing, analysis, and manufacturing technologies.
11260 Roger Bacon DriveReston, VA
ScienceView all jobs at Parabon NanoLabs