Customer Service Representative
- Expired: February 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Papier is a VC-backed consumer stationery brand that sells online and ships direct to customers. Papier launched over in the UK in 2015 and has been growing rapidly in the US since launching here in 2018, putting the US on course to become our largest market. Growth has been fuelled by over ~$15m of venture funding to date and we are on the verge of securing Series C to help accelerate this still further.
Alongside in-house collections, Papier collaborates with upcoming artists, iconic brands and exciting fashion labels to curate its emporium of notebooks, notecards, diaries, and journals. Our mission is to invite people to uncover the possibility of a blank page.
We recently placed 8th on LinkedIn's Top 15 UK Startups, and we are now seeking to support and strengthen our progress by building a team on the ground alongside our existing US partnerships.
What's the job?
We are now looking for an enthusiastic Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Service team and help Papier achieve our mission to inspire people to connect with each other more often and in more meaningful ways.
Reporting into the US Customer Service Manager, day to day you will be the enthusiastic and friendly face of Papier and the first point of contact for all our customers. Our customer service team is based in-house and has a detailed knowledge of all of our product ranges. They work closely with our Operations and Tech team to ensure everything is running smoothly for customers and that we are proactive in our communication when there are any issues.
You'll be a great communicator who has an eye for detail and can help customers with everything from perfecting a notebook design to tracking down their parcel. You'll be willing to go the extra mile to give every customer the best possible experience.
If you are looking for a role that gives you exposure to many aspects of a fast-paced startup then this role will suit you.
What will you do?
- Provide support to Papier customers via email, live chat, and phone
- Carefully follow established procedures to ensure customers get the correct information and a speedy resolution to their issue
- Communicate with other team members and external print partners to answer questions and troubleshoot problems throughout the customer's journey with us, from their first visit to our website, to their Papier parcel landing on their doorstep
- Query with design, operations or tech when something is not working or looks incorrect
- Follow the direction of the shift supervisor to prioritise tickets based on what is in the inbox that day
- Customer queries include using the online editor to create bespoke wedding invitations, advising customers on how to amend their order and answering questions about the format of each of our products
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Proven experience of customer service, preferably within an ecommerce business
- A quick learner who is happy to get stuck in and not afraid to ask questions
- Experience of working within a team to meet SLAs or KPI and a high standard of engagement with customers
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Zendesk, Freshdesk, Intercom similar customer service software is preferable, but not essential
What will you get?
- A seat at Papier NYC, with the option for remote working
- Slavic 401k, employer contribution of 3%
- Blue Cross Blue Shield healthcare
- Enhanced Parental Leave Policies
- Generous time off
- 8 public holidays per year
- $55 per month cultural allowance to spend on anything inspiring!
- $100 Personal Stationery Allowance
- Generous Staff Discount
- Team Lunches & Trips
- Friendly and fantastic team!
- Salary - $22 per hour
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Papier