Account Manager (Sales)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Account Manager - Logistics Sales
Are you good at building relationships? Are you motivated to win?
This role will be part of the Sales Team. Winning intermodal and OTR shipments for brokerage; intermodal and assets. Responsibility for the growth of customers assigned long term. You will interface with vendors and customers to drive efficiency and volume in our intermodal; OTR and brokerage networks.
Keys to success in this role will be the ability to evaluate multiple options to move each freight lane and consistently work with the team in making the low cost, high service choices. A critical skill will be the ability to help customers understand the value your personal effort can bring to their operation. The role will be interfacing with customers, focusing on retaining business and winning day to day opportunities as well as long term RFPs. This dynamic role requires critical thinking, consistent proactive decision-making ability as well as adaptability.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Build relationships with customers, offering solution(s) whether it be intermodal; brokerage or PTI assets.
- Scorecard Management
- RFP Management
- Relationship Management, focusing on retention and growth
- MBRs; QBRs and occasional customer visits
- Meet or exceed metrics; CRM activity; Account Growth/Volume; opportunities worked and profitability
- Gain familiarity with PTIs freight network and build volume to support needs
- Actively work all assigned accounts
The ideal candidate must be a team player, with excellent interpersonal, problem solving, communication, organizational and analytical skills and the ability to travel.
Job Qualifications Required for Success:
- Decisiveness: Have the ability to put things into perspective, weigh all your options, assess all relevant information and anticipate the consequences, good and bad. Have the ability to know who can help you reach a solution.
- Communication: Ability to adjust your tone/style according to your audience, ability to explain complex issues both internally and externally.
- Time Management: Have the ability to manage your time to efficiently prioritize tasks while adopting an attitude to take on new tasks and deadlines.
- Self-Motivation: Having a positive attitude and the initiative to work without constant supervision.
- Teamwork: working for our common goal, know when to be a leader and when to be a listener. Ability to be perceptive along with receptive to others needs and responsibilities.
- Conflict Resolution: Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish a rapport with others, know how to be persuasive with the ability to stay calm.
- Computer Expertise: Must be proficient in Microsoft software; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Work lifestyle you will experience:
- Values-based culture: Commitment to Safety and Create a Great Place to Work.
- We are collaborative with a culture of innovation, nimbleness, and the drive to succeed.
- Generous work/life balance, family first mindset.
- Decision making from the bottom up not the top down.
- Continual development training to enhance your current skill set both soft and technical.
- Ability to work with others within the company on projects that enhance our work experience.
Education and experience requirements:
- Associate or Bachelor degree required
- 1-5 years of customer service required
- Sales experience preferred
- Transportation experience in Intermodal and or Brokerage operations is a plus
Why PTI? Take a look at PTI’s advantages and apply today:
- Excellent company culture with family-like work environment. (We wouldn’t be who we are today without our employees!)
- Profit sharing contribution, up to 8% of your salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Standard 1st shift hours M-F, with flexibility
- Work from home (hybrid work model)
- Employer contributions to your Health Savings Account
- Short term disability and long term disability
- 100% company paid life insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings with company match
- Profit sharing potential up to 8% of your salary
- Paid Time Off and company paid holidays
- Drive Your Wellbeing program (third party nurse partner available at no cost to you for financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing support)
- Financial Counseling program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and employee development opportunities
- Education Assistance Program for master’s degree
Our Mission is to build a great place to work where outstanding people deliver. We are a transportation company that hauls more than just paper, to 25 states for a wide variety of customers. Our office staff supports the driver operation by living our two core values: safety and What Drives You.
AddressDe Pere, WI