Position: Manager - Training and Course Development Group
This position is for a hands-on leader of the Panzura training group. This group supports Panzura’s product offerings and develops and delivers all customer-facing training content, as well as content for partners and employees. The key responsibilities of the Technical Training Manager include:
· Lead the development of world-class technical training materials in multiple formats including instructor-led and eLearning courseware
· Provide direction to the trainers delivering technical training content both in-person and via remote access, virtual classrooms and web-based classes. Insure that materials are updated to reflect the latest Panzura products
· Research and incorporate best practices for Panzura filer deployment and customer best practices into training materials
· Ensure that the customer training lab provides a good learning experience to users. Make recommendations regarding the equipment needed to deliver user training in any format. Shared responsibility for maintenance, upgrades and management of classroom lab infrastructure including virtual labs utilized for all technical training delivery
· Insure that existing courses are updated and refreshed so that all courseware is relevant and current
· Collaborate with product teams and engineers to learn new products and features and to stay current on the latest Panzura technologies
· Provide leadership in the development of Panzura’s online and e-learning strategies. Help develop the content for online courses
· Also deliver content to internal users – SEs, Sales and technical support
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Education, Information Technology, Engineering, or other related technology disciplines or comparable experience
· 8 - 10 years of proven training & delivery experience in a technical environment related to storage, networking, or virtual environments.
· 3 – 5 years leading a technical training department in a complex, customer facing environment for a product that is used by enterprise customers
· 2+ years of Instructional Design experience creating educational courseware preferred
· Must be an independent self-starter, working with minimal supervision and an adaptable, result-driven team player who thrives in a start-up environment
· Must be passionate about training, useing judgment and initiative in problem resolution and coordination with internal partners and external customers
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, customer service, presentation, and training skills.
· Ability to learn technical and complex concepts, and be able to develop and deliver to learners of varying educational, technical, cultural, and experience levels
· Working knowledge of development tools (i.e., MS Word or Framemaker, PowerPoint, et al), virtual classroom lab environments (i.e. ReadyTech/Crunchbase, Cornerstone, Cloudshare, etc.), online course development tools, and webinar tools for lecture (i.e. WebEx, goto Meeting, Zoom)
An ideal candidate will meet the above requirements and possess experience in the following technologies:
- Data storage (SAN or NAS) and networkingEnterprise OS skills at a sysadmin level: Windows and/or UNIX/Linux
- Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Backups, snapshot technologies, deduplication preferred, but not required
- Expertise with NAS storage operation, administration and file system architecture
Panzura, the leading provider of innovative cloud storage solutions, is changing the way Global Enterprises are solving their storage challenges. With a solid list of Fortune 500 customers, and backed by top-tier VC partners, Panzura is positioned to continue its leadership in this rapidly growing market.
With a breadth of executive leadership from the likes of NetApp, Riverbed, Veritas, Aruba Networks, HP, and Cisco, Panzura offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Location: Campbell, CA