Sr. Accountant for a Cloud based file management company.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our team. The Sr. Accountant will have responsibilities touching a broad range of transactions and will be a key contributor on many aspects of the monthly close and operations of the Company. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have a high desire for excellence. This newly created position reports directly to the Sr. Accounting Manager and is a perfect opportunity to develop and grow professionally
The Successful Candidate
We are seeking: motivated candidates with a high self-standard that is evident in all aspects of their work. This high self-standard is displayed in their:
● Level of integrity, positive ‘can do’ attitude, and strong work ethic.
● Sense of ownership, pride, professionalism, enthusiasm, and attention to detail in their completion of both daily tasks and ad-hoc projects.
● Strong oral and written communication skills allow them to collaborate with peers and the extended management team on projects and ensure sufficient documentation to provide transparency is inherent in their work product.
● Ability to extrapolate feedback and concepts across all work product and deliverables.
● Desire to further themselves and their career by identifying development opportunities as they occur within the organization as well as seeking out external professional growth experiences.
● Excellent issue identification and resolution ability with focus on ‘root cause’ resolution vs. band aide fix.
As with any growing company, the nature of the job requirements and tasks will evolve. As a member of our team, we expect you to have the flexibility to assist in any area important to the development of the company.
Examples of activities include, but are not limited to:
● Preparation and analysis of accruals, journal entries, consolidation, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
● Financial statement analysis including fluctuation, KPI, and other analytics, providing relevant explanations for fluctuations or other deviations
● Work with business partners to generate various accruals for cross-functional departments and overall corporate accounting activities
● Assist with ongoing account reconciliation and specific projects, ensuring that general ledger accounts are resolved and reconciled
● Evaluation of business issues that impact the general ledger utilizing experience and creativity to find acceptable solutions for each situation
● Ensure timely preparation and filing of periodic tax returns and related government reporting (property tax, sales/use tax, franchise tax, and census bureau filings)
● Prepare schedules and documentation for external audit and various ad hoc and special projects
● Continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and related processes
● Effectively interact with senior management, external auditors, and various other service providers
● Monitor intercompany activities and perform reconciliations of certain intercompany balances
● 3-5 years of relevant professional experience is required (combination of private and public experience a plus); deep understanding of U.S. GAAP
● Proficient multitasker with the ability to prioritize and meet multiple tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
● Proficient in Chinese language to help coordinate with international accounting team in Chengdu
● Proficiency in MS Excel (such as vlookups & conditional statements, pivot tables, data analysis, data visualization)
● CPA or actively pursuing is a plus
● Experience with Quickbooks and/or cloud-based ERP systems is a plus