Nutrition Systematic Review Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Panum is seeking an experienced Nutrition Systematic Review Analyst to service an existing contract contract with the USDA Nutrition Evidence Systematic Review (NESR) Branch.
The Nutrition Evidence Systematic Review (NESR) team, housed within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion (CNPP), was launched in 2008 to conduct food- and nutrition-related systematic reviews. NESR’s team of scientists have a unique combination of experience and expertise in systematic review methods and technology, and nutrition, public health, and library science. NESR supports CNPP’s mission to improve the health of Americans by developing and promoting dietary guidance that links scientific research to the nutrition needs of consumers. NESR’s work also helps the agency uphold the Data Quality Act, which mandates that Federal agencies ensure the quality, objectivity, utility, and integrity of the information used to form Federal guidance.
Applicants should have experience in coordinating multiple complex tasks, managing research projects, and facilitating expert groups. Candidates should have strong written and oral communication skills and should be able to work both collaboratively and independently within a research team conducting research and producing publications and reports.
Applicants should also have strong knowledge of study design and research principles, experience in conducting research on topics related to nutrition and public health, in critically evaluating evidence-based nutrition/health literature, or developing science-based nutrition related policy, program guidance or clinical practice guidelines. Knowledge of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and experience using systematic review and meta-analysis methods is preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Review projects: NESR conducts systematic reviews, rapid reviews, evidence scans, and other evidence synthesis projects designed to answer questions about the relationship between diet and health, describe current evidence on high-priority public health nutrition topics, and/or identify strategies to facilitate adoption of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Works within a team and with subject matter experts to critically review, analyze, synthesize and interpret large volumes of published food and nutrition research and data to inform food, nutrition or health policy, guidelines, or nutrition-related messages strategies
- Continuous quality advancement (CQA): Application of strong knowledge of research principles and evidence synthesis best practices to routinely evaluate and refine systematic review methodology and tools through continuous quality advancement initiatives. Ensure that NESR’s systematic review process remains state-of the-art. CQA work results in timely updates to the NESR methodology manual, procedure guides and training materials
- Outreach: NESR uses a variety of strategies to translate and disseminate complex research findings and information about our work to a range of audience
NESR Systematic Review Analysts work collaboratively with the NESR team, as well as others within CNPP, USDA, and other Federal agencies. In addition, Analysts also collaborate with and provide support to external scientific experts (e.g., the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee).
Minimum Requirements :
- Applicants must possess a Master’s degree or PhD in Nutritional Sciences, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of directly relevant experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and should be detail oriented and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office including Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio, etc.
- Experience working in the Federal Government Environment is highly preferred
HealthcareView all jobs at Panum
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?