Note: We are only considering applicants who have expertise with the USDA's National Organic Program. Your application will not be considered if you have not specifically worked on this program.
Panum is looking to hire a Subject Matter Expert who has extensive knowledge of the USDA's National Organic Program - NOP. We are looking for assistance to support our efforts in building a team for a new proposal the USDA is putting out for bid.
The objective is to obtain consultants with requisite project management, investigative, and communication capabilities that can provide a high degree of analytical and writing support to the National Organic Program, specifically in reviewing, investigating, and analyzing incoming complaints to the NOP.
With limited federal government staff, the NOP must depend on the technical expertise of a program support contractor to conduct informed research, analyses and recommendations for action regarding complaints of noncompliant organic production, handling, and labeling practices. Success depends on the contractor’s work to perform impartial, objective analyses of a wide range of issues through the collection and documentation of evidence.
Responsibilities of the task
- The SME shall lead a team to coordinate all case assignment, management and review activities for the NOP’s complaint files.
- The SME will lead the team as they use and follow systems and guidelines on content structure and style provided by NOP, identifying opportunities for improvement and streamlining where appropriate.
- The SME shall communicate effectively to key stakeholders and USDA personnel.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in business or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Direct experience working with the USDA's National Organic Program - we are not considering applicants who do not have direct involvement with this program.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Program Manager in the federal government.
- Superb communication skills - verbal and written - are required.