We are looking to hire an experienced Sign Language Interpreter. This position is a part-time, consisting of two days a week and some additional hours as needed. The person selected for this task will be responsible to provide interpreting services to one individual. Accordingly, we are looking for someone who is personable, friendly, and professional.
Experience working in interpreting and signing arena is preferred. Qualified candidates will possess a high level of interpretation skills and proficiency in both the English language and the non-English speaker’s language in order to interpret the speaker’s meaning completely and accurately.
- Manage the day-to-day assignment including performing task which require short notice meeting and/or training sessions, as needed.
- Write brief email to customers and upper level management within the agency, as needed.
- Maintain copies of service invoices and provide to upper level management either email or telephone from each month, as needed.
- Work on special projects and presentations.
- Provide backup assistance, as needed.
- Cross-train staff on facility policies and procedures, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Communicate effectively and convey in concise written language as well as orally. Knowledgeable of both English and the foreign language vocabularies typically used in formal, consultative, and casual modes of communication.
- The interpretation language for this contract will be given in American Sign Language (ASL) or Pidgin
- Sign Language English (PSE) and/or the combination of the two languages during the period of performance.
- Able to speak English and the foreign language fluently, including high to low levels of language
- register, regional colloquialisms and slang expressions, and do so with clear and intelligible pronunciation.
- Able to preserve the tone and emotional level of the speaker, as well as manage the delivery, speed and
- length of the statement (projection, pace and pausing) of the speaker.
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of copyright, FOIA laws, and Federal guidelines affecting Sign Language.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Microsoft Outlook), Word, Excel etc.
- Able to work independently and set timelines to achieve medium- and long-term goals.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within the tenant and with agency clientele.
- College Degree, Certified, or have one-year experience in interpreting is preferred, but experience can substitute; personnel may be working towards certification while on the job
Panum Group, LLC.
Why Work Here?Panum Group, LLC Established in 1997, Panum Group provides unique expertise and innovative solutions that address federal customers’ greatest business and mission challenges. A culture of excellence through innovation and problem-solving has resulted in 100 percent growth in employees and revenue over the last three years. Panum provides program & project management, acquisition & contract management, business & strategy consulting and next generation information and communications technology services for more than 20 federal agencies. For more information, please visit www.panum.com.
Excellent benefits, room to grow!