The Panum Group is looking for an energetic IT Project Manager with an agile, SDLC, and IT Governance background to join our team supporting critical IT programs at the USDA Food and Nutrition Services.
Successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise with standard project management functions including interacting with stakeholders/clients; developing and maintaining schedules; developing quality documentation; gathering requirements; supporting design, development, integration, testing, and deployment. This is an excellent role for a curious, personable, process oriented, forward thinking professional looking to grow their career and expand/deepen their project management and leadership skills. This position is in Alexandria, VA (Metro accessible). Seeking a candidate with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience supporting executive / Federal Clients.
- Holds a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Finance, or equivalent acceptable area of study.
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies, policies, and procedures.
- Possesses strong technical writing skills with the ability to produce high quality deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to thrive in a busy, deadline driven
- Experience developing project plans, charters, and related critical project documentation and managing them over time.
- Demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong verbal skills and the ability to communicate key points with concision and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively across technical, engineering, and security organizations.
- Desire to work directly with and build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with Federal Clients on a daily basis.
- Adept at capturing technical meeting notes and managing action items.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting timelines and requirements; advanced research skills, curiosity to understand how systems or processes work end-to-end.
- Familiarity with IT and business policies, procedures, testing, governance, and SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to quickly gain expertise in technical concepts and communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Coordination of the delivery of multiple projects/tasks through day-to-day operations.
- Developing cost benefit/budgeting and cost estimates analyses for various programs as required.
- Experience working on teams implementing or migrating medium to large-scale systems (e.g., cloud based, ERP, data center relocation).
- Familiarity or working knowledge of with cloud-based environments and/or concepts (e.g., SaaS, SaaP, IaaS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum Methodologies.
- PMP/CAPM certification or aspirations.
- Salesforce.com experience.
- Data center migration / Business Intelligence (BI) experience.
- 4-year degree from accredited University/College in related field: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Finance, or equivalent acceptable area of study. Detail oriented liberal arts degrees considered (e.g., Journalism) with compensating employment history related to IT.
- Experience supporting executive / Federal clients.
- Full-time / On-Site / Limited Telework Available after 3-6 Months
- W2 Only, no 1099 contractors