Panum is looking for a Controller for Marton Technologies. Marton is part of the Panum family of companies and this position is located at Marton's corporate office in Yorktown, VA. We need a senior level accountant who is an expert with Cost-Plus Accounting and has familiarity in working with federal agencies.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for the management of corporate accounts, preparation and management of budgets, audits, taxes, pricing proposals, financial planning, analyzing data, conducting statistical analysis, updating policy and procedures, and performing record-keeping functions; assist in the preparation and execution of contracts and subcontracts both as a Prime and subcontractor; providing financial reporting to management, and supervising employees assigned to the Finance Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide oversight for all aspects of internal controls, revenue recognition and forecasting.
- Interface with program management on a regular basis, across numerous programs, to ensure all invoices and payroll are accurate and reported in a timely manner. Support Monthly CDRLs as needed.
- Provide estimating, pricing and negotiation support for the various contract opportunities.
- Provide support to government accounting and pricing departments, as necessary, to support customer requests for information.
- Work with the CFO on financial reporting for accuracy and timeliness, including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals and reserve analysis.
- Plan, develop, and implement financial policies, procedures and controls to ensure FAR and GAAP compliance.
- Direct and coordinate the establishment of contract burn rate and ensure accuracy of CLIN reporting.
- Analyze and monitor the integrity of the internal financial controls in conjunction with staff, management and outside auditors/accountants to improve the Company’s processes and accommodate significant growth.
- Responsible for Marton’s transition of accounting systems from Quickbooks to Unanet.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, financial management business, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years of government contracting experience. Master’s degree and/or CPA certification preferred
- Course work or experience with business management is essential
- Experience in financial management, strategic planning, budget analysis and development, and account management
- Experience with cost accounting and government regulations and government contracts
- Knowledge of Government contracting procedures and Federal regulations
- Understanding of DCAA/DCMA regulations, and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Basic Cost Accounting/Allocation
- Able to display excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong background in Excel
- Able to work successfully with considerable independence
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize work and independently manage multiple, diverse and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; plan and develop meaningful objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create effective collaborations among various levels of staff and work in a team environment
- Work in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure
Must have experience with the following
- Experience in using Wide Area Workflow (WAWF)/IRAPT
- Experience in using QuickBooks
- Experience is submitting Cost Plus Incurred Cost Proposals to DCAA
- Extensive knowledge and experience with DoD Request for Quotes (RFQ) and preparation of proposals and bids for procurement of sourced products or services for government projects and programs
- Prepare quotations and manage the Price Volume as part of the Proposal Team. Develop the company’s Cost/Price Request for Proposal/Request for Quote (RFP/RFQ) using corporate processes and ensure cost volume meets proposal schedule.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to build a Fully Burdened Labor Hour for a FFP, CPFF, etc. proposal.
- Develop and build, then send RFQs team mates as part of responding to a Government Proposal process. These RFQ’s will consist (as a minimum) a Request for Quote and a Cost Narrative.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain salary data on multiple sources (i.e. BLS, Salary.com etc.)
- Understanding of the governments LPTA environment versus “Best Value”.