This position is responsible for the rehabilitation residents at Panorama Convalescent & Rehabilitation Center. Master's degree required in social work or psychology. Certified Counselor preferred, or can be completed within 90 days of employment. Prefer experience in a LTC setting to include experience with MDS 3.0, behavioral health/management, and familiarity with Medicare & Medicaid requirements. This is a fast paced position that requires excellent communication and organizational skills. Hours are 8:00 to 4:30 PM Monday – Friday
- Assess each resident upon admission for discharge planning needs; develop a discharge plan in coordination with the resident, family, and interdisciplinary team, and assist as needed with setting up a safe and timely discharge.
- Develop a plan of care for each resident to include SW interventions, as well as interventions for the other staff to: assist in redirecting residents in difficult situations in which a resident may be impaired medically and/or mentally, such as being upset, angry, and confused, combative. Interventions for other staff must be specific, simple, and logical
- Attend weekly Medicare meetings, schedule care conferences, attend stand up, weekly SW meetings, and monthly SW supervision meetings.
- Understand the importance of resident interviews for MDS 3.0 and be able to accurately reflect resident cognitive and psychosocial, emotional status on the MDS per the RAI manual to assure congruency between assessment, resident needs and reimbursement for care.
- Excellent computer skills are required to complete the MDS, CAA’s and progress notes in a timely manner per regulations, and by due dates set by MDS coordinator.
- Develop a strong team relationship with SW peers, Activity staff, Dietary staff, & the Nurse Managers for each resident, as well as with direct care staff.
- Develop professional relationships and counsel residents and families as needed for adjustment and transition to LTC, grief and loss, and other emotional, mental, environment or physical limitations and assist with any discharge planning.
- Act as a liaison with social and community agencies.
- Assist families with initiating Medicaid applications