Assistant General Manager
- Expired: November 01, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant General Manager
PANERA CAFE ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Want to work in a place where you can learn, laugh, be supported, be yourself, reach your goals-and help others do the same? If so, then Panera is for you. We do everything possible to earn your trust and help you succeed-every day, in every way. Come join the fun!
- Competitive pay
- Eligible for quarterly bonus
- Free Meals on shifts
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Paid vacation & holidays for full-time team members
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & 401(k) with match available
Are you friendly, motivated, and hard-working? Up for a challenge? Ready to grow? If so, you'll thrive on our team.
Our Assistant General Managers bring the team together.
As an Assistant General Manager at Panera, you help lead an amazing team and a popular neighborhood bakery-cafe to success. You support your General Manager (GM) in managing overall operations, improving the customer experience, and increasing the bottom line, while also owning the people responsibilities for your location, including coaching, developing, and leading. You make the Warmth, Belonging, Growth, and Trust of Panera a reality with your team.
As an Assistant General Manager at Panera, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build our culture of Warmth, Belonging, Growth, and Trust.
- Be an ambassador of our Guiding Values and Behaviors:
- Warmth for guests: Making people smile
- Bold thoughts, brave actions: Learning, growing, and taking risks
- Own it: Finding solutions and taking initiative
- Win together: Working (and winning) as a team
- Inspire and celebrate: Having fun and celebrating success
- Rooted in respect: Seeing the best in others
- Ensure extraordinary guest experiences.
- Make sure every customer is delighted by the quality of our food, service, staff, and safety measures.
- Build customer relationships that lead to long-term, loyal patrons.
- Ensure the ongoing success of your bakery-cafe.
- Support your GM by making key decisions and solving problems.
- Lead, manage, and develop your team.
- Assist your GM in leading and supervising all cafe staff.
- Plan and manage staffing needs, shift scheduling, people development, career development, and succession planning.
- Hire and train new team members, and keep your team motivated, energized, and engaged.
- Manage team performance to ensure your cafe's goals and quality standards are met, while ensuring extraordinary customer service.
- Build subject matter experts within your cafe by coaching your managers and associates on certain responsibilities and then delegating those responsiblities to them.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team achievements.
- Ensure high-quality operations and service.
- Make sure Panera's standards of excellence are always maintained-and continually improved-at your bakery-cafe.
- Upgrade operations as needed.
- Motivate your team to meet (and exceed) your bakery-cafe's goals.
- Adhere to cafe systems and processes to accomplish day-to-day operations.
- Ensure associates follow company policies and procedures and comply with all state and federal regulations.
- Ensure food safety standards are fully maintained.
- Ensure a healthy and safe culture and workplace for your team.
- Grow sales and maximize profitability
- Execute company and cafe strategies for sales growth and flow-through.
- Manage associate labor to support and drive cafe profitability.
- Assist your GM in maintaining cafe costs and inventory.
This opportunity is for you if:
- You enjoy people and have great communication skills.
- You like the hustle and bustle of the hospitality industry.
- You want to lead a fun, energized team that works hard and laughs often.
- You can keep cool under pressure and deal with multiple types of people in a calm and neutral manner.
- You can work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- You're committed to, and experienced with, health and food safety.
- You're interested in working toward a General Manager position and/or you want to learn, grow, and expand your career.
- You want to have a positive impact on your customers and community.
- You meet these requirements:
- Proven ability to direct, motivate, coach, and develop others in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to drive positive results
- Proven ability to run great shifts
- Demonstrated understanding of the business
- ServSafe certification
- At least 18 years of age
Growth Opportunities at Panera:
- A Path to Success: Our Assistant General Managers can continue their career growth by pursuing our Operating Partner Program. While you're helping your team reach their goals, we'll help you meet yours.
- Skills and Training: At Panera, you'll build skills you can use anywhere. Our training can help you succeed in your career-and your life.
- Nationwide Opportunities: We open about 100 new cafes each year-so you'll have plenty of chances to move or grow with us.
Around here, every day starts with a fresh batch of bread and a thousand possibilities.
Get ready to rise.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative-Action Employer
606072 - Temple, PA - North 5th Street
RetailView all jobs at Panera Bread
Get fresh Assistant General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.