At Panera, warmth is our business, and we are looking for an Office Specialist to join our great team at our Manufacturing plant in Beltsville, Maryland!
Interested applicants may also apply in person at 10213 Southard Drive, Beltsville, MD 20705
Monday - Friday 7 am - 6 pm.
- In conjunction with management, provide full cycle new hire processing support: conduct hourly phone screens as requested, schedule on-site interviews & process all new-hire paperwork i.e. background checks/drug screen.
- Set up and maintain personnel files, associate orientation, WOTC, I-9’s completed and maintained.
Timekeeping & Payroll
- Assist managers with payroll discrepancies and missed punches.
- Update attendance book on a daily or weekly basis and assist with the validation and tracking of vacation, sick and personal days are in compliance with timekeeping system reporting.
- Enter all product receiving, confirm pricing and enter into system for inventory reconciliation.
- Collect appropriate documents and forward to corporate office.
- Assist in checking product and material to ensure adequate inventory.
- Order and track produce on a daily basis.
- Serve as back-up production scheduler.
Safety and OSHA Records
- Assist Safety Coordinator with safety files & meetings, and follow-up on injuries and maintain injury files and OSHA logs.
- Maintain OSHA logs and post injuries in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Maintain committee, production and distribution meeting files and submit to HR/Administrative Coordinator.
Accounts Payable Duties
- Collect packing slips for A/P compliance, assign account numbers and provide complete invoices, prior to Plant Manager’s review and approval.
- Reconcile all weekly invoices for Manager’s approval, audit invoices, enter into system for payment, submit to corporate office and maintain copies for plant files.
- Code and enter AP invoices into Oracle software after approval.
- Work with Accounts Payable to set up new vendors; complete required documents to open credit.
- Order and maintain adequate office supplies.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance of personnel and safety records.
- Update communication boards.
- Responsible for administrative duties, including customer service for all incoming calls from outside customers, vendors and corporate office personnel..
- May respond to and distribute facility e-mail as appropriate.
- Provide information (reports, paperwork) to Supply Chain Administration/Accounting Department.
- Support associate engagement programs and special events.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years' experience as an office assistant or similar background. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of production planning in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Capable of functioning and communicating within a very diverse work group and still maintain a positive work environment.
- Experience with accounting practices such as accounts payable, reconciliations, payroll, and purchasing.
- Experience using Oracle or similar software.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic HR responsibilities such as new hire onboarding, orientations, and benefits.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- May be asked to work some weekends and holidays.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish would be a plus.
We Offer: * Competitive Wages * Sick & Well Pay * Employee Referral Bonuses * Health & Welfare Benefits * Company Matched 401k * Paid Vacation * Paid Holidays * Product Discount
At Panera Bread, we share a common set of cultural values:
- No Jerks – Our relationships are based on respect and honesty
- No Shortcuts – We get the tough stuff done with optimism and mastery
- Profit Provides Possibilities – Profit sustains the growth of our concept and our people.
Panera operates more than 2,000 bakery-cafes in 45 states and in Ontario Canada under the Panera Bread, Saint Louis Bread Co. and Paradise Bakery & Café names, delivering fresh, authentic artisan bread served in a warm environment by engaging associates. These cafes are supported by 21 Fresh Dough Manufacturing Facilities that deliver fresh dough 7 days a week 363 days per year.
Job Type: Full-time