- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Lumber Estimator will service Outside Sales Staff by performing blueprint materials take-offs, materials estimating and engineered wood products estimating for residential and light to medium commercial building projects. Maintain bid file under the direction of Sales/General Manager.
INTENT OF JOB DESCRIPTION AND MODIFICATION:
This job description describes the duties and responsibilities, qualification requirements, physical demands, work environment, etc. for this job. Duties may be combined with other jobs or duties from other jobs depending upon operational circumstances. Management reserves the right to add, modify or end any of the duties contained in the job description as business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. These duties are performed under the direction and supervision of the Sales Manager or other intermediate managers.
1. Perform timely and accurate blueprint take-offs using customer supplied blueprints. Knowledge of appropriate computer software and hardware, and/or use of manual methods required.
2. Create accurate bids and materials price lists for sales Staff in a timely manner. Develop and maintain trade and commercial account bids. Review and adjust bids on schedule as set by Sales Manager.
3. Source new and Special Order products to fulfill project needs. Suggest products to sales staff and interact with Builder Clients as needed. Perform sales calls with OSR staff and sales manager.
4. Proficiency in design, application, and uses of Engineered Wood Products. Maintain up-to-date market knowledge regarding competition levels, pricing, and new trends.
5. Visit job sites as required to perform field measurements, gain project knowledge and/or troubleshoot.
6. Proficiency in using computer software for take-offs, estimating and engineered wood products design.
7. Provide technical knowledge and assistance to sales staff and Builder Clients. Maintain knowledge of local building codes and requirements.
8. Arrive at work location punctually and consistently on a daily basis.
9. Meet Company standards for quality and quantity of work.
10. Maintain work areas according to Company standards.
11. Follow established safety procedures for all assignments.
12. Comply with all Company requirements for conduct and work behavior.
13. Attend and participate in all Company-sponsored training programs as required.
14. Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to work with fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to stand and walk. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Professional level sales knowledge of truss design and manufacturing is required. The ability to use computers is required. Prior experience using truss planning software is required
Get fresh Industrial Lumber Sales jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.