METAL BUILDING ERECTOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
Panelmatic Building Solutions (PBS) is looking for experienced Metal Building Fabricators in Brookfield, OH as part of recent business expansion in Northeast Ohio. PBS manufacturers in the modular building, electrical enclosure and utility markets. PBS offers a benefits package including medical, dental/optical fund, 401k, employee stock bonus, bonus, paid holidays, and personal time off.
Erectors will erect and connect pre-fabricated steel buildings working from aerial lifts. Experience in iron working, roofing, or wall sheeting a plus. Must be willing to work from heights wearing a harness. You will work either individually, or as part of a small team to produce metal buildings and enclosures. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and move from extensive travel and field work to an indoor assembly area at a set location.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
1. Demonstrate safe and proper work habits and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the operation of this job.
2. Reference shop prints to determine where each component is to be installed.
3. Ability to maintain overall dimensions, square, and plum during the welding process.
4. Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools (tape measure squares, clamps, fillet gauge, angle finder, etc.).
5. Ability to convert decimals to fractions and utilize conversion chart.
6. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers.
7. Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
8. Flexibility and willingness to work in multiple positions and learn metal fabrication.
9. Notify the lead person or Inspector when product is ready for inspection.
10. Maintains a clean work area each day and returns tools to their proper locations.
A. Equipment Used: Ironworker, band saw, grinder, hand shear, cut-off wheel, overhead crane, ratchet straps, tape measure, and other hand tools.
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Ability to obtain and maintain a fork truck license beneficial.
C. Knowledge/Skills: Able to read a tape measure and shop prints. Must be trained in applicable QAPs (Quality Assurance Procedures) and work instructions, if any.
D. Education/Experience: At least 1 year of previous construction experience with metal buildings. High school diploma or equivalency (GED) preferred, but not required.
E. Language Skills: Able to read and comprehend simple or somewhat complex instructions. Able to write notes or simple correspondence. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers.