We are boutique litigation law firm in Coral Gables, FL looking to hire a legal assistant/paralegal. The firm primarily handles personal injury, PIP, criminal, and family cases. Prior experience in personal injury, PIP, and family is required. Prior experience in criminal is preferred.
As we are a small firm, the candidate must be ready to take on any challenges presented. Our firm is a family, as such, the preferred candidate will immediately become an integral part of our firm. As our practice is fluid, the candidate must understand `that there will be times that he or she will be asked to stay later. As such, clock watchers need not apply.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Working knowledge of case management software
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
As an essential business we fully intend on remaining open and functioning in the event of any future lockdowns.
Pando & De La Puente, P.A.
Why Work Here?
A lot of room for growth. Partners are very understanding.