Legal Firm (Practice Assistant)
Pancoast Staffing Services, Inc. Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Downtown Pittsburgh law in need of an experienced Practice Assistant
· Prepare and proofread correspondence, pleadings, memoranda, agreements and other legal forms under deadlines.
· Prepare and file documents for court submissions using Lexis File&Serve and other electronic filing systems.
· Open new client and new matter files using firm software.
· Maintain paper and electronic files and emails using firm software per retention protocols.
· Close coordination and maintenance of schedules and Outlook calendars.
· Coordinate travel arrangements.
· Ensure deadlines to docketing are properly tracked, when applicable.
· Prepare and submit expense reports.
· Open and route mail and email, attaching appropriate files and documents.
· Work as part of a team and in conjunction with colleagues.
· Liaise with document services for all document production projects.
· Keep abreast of practice-specific laws, rules, processes and procedures.
· Conduct bias research/analysis, as directed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of law firm experience, preferred.
· Prior experience with financial transactions and bankruptcy law.
· High school diploma required, college degree a plus.
· Must have knowledge of Federal Bankruptcy filing.
· Prior use of a document management system (NetDocs) a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Time management and the ability to organize/prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent written, verbal, and professional interpersonal communication skills.
· Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude.
· Proactive and forward-thinking with the ability to problem solve.
Pancoast Staffing Services, Inc.
LegalView all jobs at Pancoast Staffing Services, Inc.