Legal Assistant (Litigation)
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Downtown Pittsburgh law firm in need of experienced candidate for current Litigation Practice Assistant opening.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluate assignments and best approaches to complete them.
· Type, proofread, format and edit correspondence, pleadings, memoranda, agreements and other legal documents under time-sensitive deadlines; may assist with drafting of pleadings and other documents.
· Open new client and new matter files using Firm software.
· Keep paper and electronic files for professionals and clients; maintain email and electronic files using Firm software.
· Review and revise with responsible attorney, client invoices and fee estimates/accruals, prepare cover correspondence, and work with Billing Coordinators.
· Schedule appointments, depositions and meetings; make travel arrangements; set-up conference calls and video meetings.
· Prepare and submit expense/reimbursement reports.
· Utilize software applications (Firm and practice-specific) to assist attorneys in work product as well as retention and organization of emails and attaching appropriate files and documents.
· Work as a team and in conjunction with cluster mates, colleagues and professionals in specified practice area(s) and office/Firm wide.
· Liaise with Document Services for document projects and with Litigation Support for production projects.
· Effectively communicate with witnesses, clients, colleagues and opposing counsel as directed and present a positive Firm impression.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A minimum of three years of law firm experience.
· High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with professionals, clients and staff.
· Ability to problem-solve and anticipate issues/problems.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, NetDocs or other like software.
· Must possess knowledge and understanding of litigation.
· Knowledge of practice-specific rules, laws, court forms and filing procedures, a plus.
· Prior use of a document management system (NetDocs) a plus.
Pancoast Staffing Services, Inc.
LegalView all jobs at Pancoast Staffing Services, Inc.