The Electronic Repair Technician opportunity is a full time position in Panavision Woodland Hills. This person will coordinate with the Service Manager to service and troubleshoot/repair Panavision’s inventory of electronic accessories using established procedures. This position involves maintaining and repairing professional camera equipment and all related accessories. General responsibilities include servicing, repairing, refurbishing, and/or manufacturing equipment to the required standards of safety, functionality, and presentation in the shortest possible timeframe. This person will follow departmental processes/procedures in an effective, efficient and productive manner with a minimum of direct supervision.
• Perform timely repair procedures Preston Microforce zoom controls, Heden motors, and related electronic accessories.
• Troubleshoot and identify equipment issues, software and firmware updates and facilitate repairs through company vendors when needed.
• Build and repair complex cable assemblies, and ensure that inventory levels meet demand.
• Build electronic test fixtures for inter-departmental use and to assist with service procedures.
• Keep track of parts and supplies, and work with the service manager to maintain stock.
• Occasionally make set visits to troubleshoot/repair Panavision assets.
• Maintain a clean and organized workstation as defined by management and health and safety standards.
• Other tasks and assignments as required.
• Proficient knowledge of Digital HD cinema cameras, SSD recorders and all related products.
• Good cable management skills.
• Able to interpret and create schematics, board level analysis.
• Understanding of on-set production, structure, and workflow preferred.
• Solder proficiency down to 30AWG, including crimp terminations and SMD replacement.
• Advanced knowledge of waveform, Digital oscilloscope, and LCD monitor performance.
• Ability to work under pressure with strict time constraints while maintaining high performance standards.
• Ability to remain flexible, multi task, prioritize and work on own initiative.
• Effective customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Ability to facilitate communication between departments.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to remain flexible toward new policies and procedures as they arise.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit resume in PDF format to Careers@Panavision.com
Please no calls or drop offs.