Panasonic - Sr. Technical Support Specialist
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we've been committed to improving peoples' lives and making the world a better place-one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more at https://na.panasonic.com/ about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video at https://youtu.be/h-x_hDfMqb0 to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You'll Get to Do:
Provides technical support and training to distributors, contractors, and end users for Panasonic RAC, PAC and ECOi products.
- Functions as primary point-of-contact for designated geographical region and secondary POC for other regions, as necessary.
- Assumes national responsibility for a sub-category of product-related expertise (ex. controls) and/or project management duties.
- Troubleshoots, monitors, logs, and resolves inbound technical issues via telephone, email, web and on-site visits.
- Conducts on-site project startup and commissioning support to installing contractors.
- Coordinates and conducts regularly-scheduled and ad hoc training sessions via classroom, field site, or online webinar.
- Assists in projects, such as the development of training programs and 3rd-party accessories to support sales & operation of equipment
- Resolve complex questions and problems presented by the customer (approximately 90%)
- Advise on the set up of control systems and the commissioning of product including but not limited to, refrigerant charging, addressing of components/zones and other field settings
- Coordinate with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to conduct "on-site" technical support to customers including service and project commissioning
- Conduct formal & informal training related to product installation, commissioning, diagnostics and operation
- Make sure training center needs are being fulfilled and teach classes
- Work within the service team and cross-functional teams create new training materials
- Provide comprehensive reports related to activities, training conducted, service calls, product commissioning and other product issues
- Work with distributors on train-the-trainer programs and warranty issues
- Make courtesy site visits to distributors to make sure all service needs are being taken care
- Stay up to date on all products and all controls
- Increase technical skills/product knowledge by working with other employees
- Assist in the training of more junior support technicians
Education & Experience:
- Successfully completed certified factory HVAC training course
- 10 years field experience or equivalent in field experience required; 5 years VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) experience required
- EPA/CFC certification or HVAC contractor license in at least one state
- Have a strong understanding of HVAC controls and refrigeration
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Ability to work effectively from home office
- Travel at times up to 75 %
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program