PENA is the number one lithium ion battery producer in the world and is developing the number one leadership team to match. Therefore, Panasonic is seeking a Sr. Talent Development Specialist, reporting to the Manager of Talent Development (HR) to develop, facilitate, and support competency-based training initiatives for a growing employee base of over 3400 people. This role is responsible for creating innovative, cutting-edge training experiences and role-specific blended training solutions for front line leaders to senior leadership. Manages multiple projects and partners closely with SMEs, vendors, and cross-functional partners to ensure world-class solutions. Leverages strong leadership, relationship building, and collaboration skills to drive action and results.
- Work with leadership and identified subject matter experts to assess training gaps and needs and build training programs using adult learning methodologies to ensure maximum training results.
· Design, manage, implement, facilitate, and evaluate multiple talent development and training programs for exempt employee teams that drive the required performance.
· Confer with management to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and better understand changes in PENA policies, procedures, quality and safety procedures.
· Develop programs or job aids that support the business needs and meets deadlines.
· Partner with team to enhance new hire training and new employee support focused on accelerating the trainee with defined metrics around trainee effectiveness and role readiness.
· Administer audits and evaluations to determine the success and retention rates of the material being trained and adjust programs to bring about improvements.
· Build and maintain effective business relationships in support of talent development initiatives.
· Generate credibility with other functions and employees through engagement, listening, and developing robust, but practical solutions along with excellent follow-through.
· Support the talent review processes, to deepen visibility to high-potentials within the organization.
· Support change-management efforts with practical frameworks built for multi-cultural audiences, while not getting lost or losing others in theory.
· Help teams visualize and improve the employee experience to capitalize on the career growth opportunities in PENA.
· Bring your energy and creativity to a substantial, growing organization where the clay hasn’t set and the opportunities to make a mark are everywhere!
· Participate in other activities and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Org Development, Instructional Design, or related field.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience in a training, content development, LMS administration, instructional design and/or content facilitation capacity.
· Master’s degree in subject matter related to Learning & Development, Instructional Systems Design, Organizational Development, or other related field(s) strongly preferred
· Proven ability to translate talent management activity into quantifiable ROI for a company
· Proven ability to design and implement dedicated and competency-based career paths for technical and non-technical roles
· Familiar with eLearning design and development using tools such as Articulate or similar.
· Technical proficiency to include Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Business Intelligence and other Analytics tools, as well as learning platforms such as LMS, LCMS, Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Suite (to include Adobe Captivate) or Articulate
· ATD, DDI, or other training certification preferred to demonstrate training development and facilitation proficiency.
· Demonstrated capability to develop and facilitate engaging and interactive instructor-led training.
· Experience with new hire orientation, leadership development, mentorship and coaching programs.
· Knowledge of adult learning principles including how to successfully train and present, including classroom management.
· Genuineness of character. Humility and high self-confidence to listen without ego, and advocacy for the important things. Willing to roll-up sleeves. Positive energy.
· Strong project management skills and ability to effectively balance multiple priorities.
· Demonstrated comfort in multi-national environments.
· Demonstrated capability to develop and deliver quality training and development solutions to an employee base - moves quickly through needs assessment to implementation with high standards of excellence.
· Flexibility – critical for a continuous improvement environment.
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.