Project Manager (PENA)- Position located at Gigafactory 1 in Sparks, NV
Do you want to join a team that's changing the world? Do you have a strong background? Then we're looking for you. Put your skills to meaningful use, gain unique experience, and work with world-class team members with diverse backgrounds and expertise who share the same mission. Join the PENA team today.
- Managing the overall scope of various projects (mechanical, chemical, engineering, construction, process improvement, etc.)
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Managing and controlling project budget, tracking actual cost vs budgeted cost, forecasting anticipated costs, creating daily or weekly cost reports, etc.
- Controlling and managing project documentation including issuing contracts, change orders, request for information (RFI), drawing/design packages, design change narratives (DCN), etc.
- Creating and maintaining project schedule of the entire scope of project(s) including all related cross-functional departments. Tracking critical path of project including recovery schedules and areas of schedule improvement.
- Leading and directing project meetings utilizing all necessary related project documentation such as the following: schedule, budget, meeting minutes, installation procedures, etc.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Analyzing potential risks and performing risk management procedures to minimize project risks.
- Creating daily or weekly project reports including major highlights, schedule updates, current project status, issues or conflicts, lessons learned, and next action plans.
- Developing spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
- Working efficiently with Panasonic Project Management Office (PMO) to prioritize a list of many projects and execute approved projects with available resources.
- Providing input on process improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic: High School diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, construction management, or a related field from a four-year College or University.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in project management.
- Strong project leader with excellent organizational and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite software including Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability and proficiency in collecting, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Solid computer skills and demonstrated general working knowledge of Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tools.
- Effective planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize work, and deliver quality results.
- Self-starter who works well independently and an outstanding ability to follow up with minimal direction and a focus on team success.
- Able to make appropriate decisions when confronted with obstacles, think about them before taking action, and consistently resolve issues in creative and effective ways.
- A strong work ethic with a “get the job done” approach and consistently delivers excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Intuitive, adaptable, creative, and collaborative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative nature with strong team building skills and willing to learn from and accept guidance from others.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment (1M+ units per day) including industries such as batteries or electronic devices.
- Experience in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Experience utilizing Primavera P6 scheduling software. Six-Sigma certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for -specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.