- Manage organization, safety, and maintenance of machine shop.
- Supervise and train employees in the machine shop.
- Determine proper machine setup procedures through product requirements and drawings detailing work to be completed.
- Program machine tools and operate to ensure accuracy and consistency in machining operations.
- Hands on CNC Machining and CNC programming
- Inspect final product and verify acceptable measurements using precision measuring devices and metrology equipment to verify dimensions.
- Maintain machine shop repair and maintenance records.
- Utilizing knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities and staffing requirements.
- Designs, implements, inspects, and improves production processes and methods to ensure safety, quality, and production targets are met.
- Collaborate with engineering department to identify opportunities and improve design of tooling, layouts, and processes
- Ensure area KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) are met
- Help promote a culture of continuous improvement within the organization
- Empower, develop, and reward individuals and teams for performance and growth
- BS/BA in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering or related major or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 5 years' experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced setup and running of CNC Mills and CNC Lathes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Strong ability to influence, provide leadership, work in a team environment or independently.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Good facilitation/training skills.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, implementation of process improvements
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against production deadlines and goals
- Resilient, self-motived and able to work well under pressure
- Inventory control management experience
- Experience with Lean and 6S systems
- Alignment to Panasonic’s 7 core principles
Walking, climbing stairs, lifting, pushing, pulling, sitting, writing, typing, crouching, kneeling, and standing. Minimum lifting of 50 pounds. Must wear a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Safety Vest, Steel Toe or Composite Toe Shoes or Boots. Wee
In addition to an environment that’s as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. Panasonic Energy of North America will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.