Senior Program Manager/Program Manager
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes. Panagora currently has a hybrid work agreement with time split between telework and the office
Panagora Group seeks a full-time program manager to join our Silver Spring office. The program manager is responsible for ensuring the operational effectiveness and compliant implementation of activities. The manager will provide a broad range of project management, operations, budgeting, and technical support to prime and subcontracts. The manager will also take on new business and technical assignments according to company needs and individual expertise. The manager will work under the direction and supervision of the director and will serve as supervisor to associates. We are looking for managers with programmatic, budgeting, IDIQ subcontract administration and field team backstopping experience. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience with USAID regulations, practices, and full-cycle project management activities.
The Program Manager will support our South Africa Technical Support Services (SA TSS) team.
Duties and Responsibilities at Program Manager level:
- Provide day-to-day support to field teams, including communications and responding to requests and adherence to contract requirements and government regulations
- Oversee financial management of assigned projects including developing, tracking, and updating budgets; monitoring monthly projections and actuals; obligated funds notifications; anticipate budget modifications and other financial matters
- Lead project start-up and close-out activities, develop and refine project management tools, resources, and processes
- Support the development and implementation of annual work plans; ensure timely and high-quality reviews and submissions of deliverables; Prepare scopes of work and monitoring service delivery
- Liaise with members of the home office project team on program implementation and facilitate communications with field teams, partners, and clients on the status of ongoing activities, manage compliance to scope and reporting requirements
- Recruit, obtain approvals and orient long- and short-term field consultants; prepare scopes of work and monitoring service delivery
- Support new business development including cost proposals, recruitment, partnering, research/writing, coordinating activities and other tasks as required
- Contribute to technical deliverables and carry out field assignments as required
- Identify issues or potential risks, consult with appropriate staff, and make informed decisions on how to address issues, communicating when appropriate with senior management and/or president/CEO
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate direct reports; provide regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and provide opportunities to develop professionally
Duties and Responsibilities at Senior Program Manager level:
- Direct activity management team efforts to provide day-to-day support to field teams, including ensuring consistent application of the governing rules and regulations, as well as our internal policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight on all aspects of financial management of assigned projects including the development, tracking, and updating of budgets; monitoring monthly projections and actuals; obligated funds notifications; budget modifications and other financial matters.
- Provide strategic direction to project start-up and close-out activities including development, and refinement of project management tools, resources, and processes.
- Oversee the development and implementation of annual work plans, ensuring timely and high-quality reviews and submissions.
- Review, edit, and contribute to technical deliverables and manage field assignments as required.
- Serve as a secondary liaison between the field and home office teams, partners, and clients on the status of ongoing activities, compliance to scope and reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance to the activity management team in the recruitment, selection, and orientation of long- and short-term field consultants.
- Support strategic business development, including the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities, and technical assistance to support full cycle proposal development.
- In consultation with the HO director, troubleshoot issues, including but not limited to client relations, contractual, financial, personnel, and compliance matters.
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate direct reports; provide regular constructive performance feedback; and provide opportunities to develop professionally.
To qualify at the Program Manager level:
- Master's degree in health, business, international development, or a relevant field
- 5-7 years of USAID project management or relevant work experience with international donors required
- Experience with global health, private sector health, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management desired
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Proven track record in various new business roles in a USAID context required
- Strong numeracy skills: ability to put together cost proposals and budgets
- At least two years supervisory experience desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient MS Office skills, particularly with Excel
- Demonstrated leadership skills, versatility, and integrity
- Experience living and working in a developing country strongly preferred
- Proficiency in one or more foreign languages preferred
To qualify at the Senior Program Manager level:
- Master's degree in health, business, international development, or a relevant field.
- Must have 8+ years of experience managing USAID donor-funded projects.
- Must have experience with global health, private sector health, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation and/or knowledge management.
- Strong working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, and CFR).
- Must have proven business development expertise in a USAID context.
- Must have at least (4) years supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to develop and manage cost proposals and budgets.
- Demonstrated experience working in culturally diverse team environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient MS Office skills, particularly with Excel.
- Demonstrated experience living and working in a developing country.
- Fluency in a second language preferred (French, Portuguese, or other major national language(s) relevant to area(s) of focus)
Reports to: Program Director
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In Panagora's hybrid work structure, employees can work remotely or from the office. Occasionally, employees will be asked to work from the office to foster engagement, collaboration, belonging and professional development. Departments/teams will hold in-person meetings that involve a high degree of collaboration, where ideas are generated quickly and often feed off each other, e.g., brainstorming, storyboarding, proposal development, strategic planning, and performance discussions. Staff who reside in the DC/MD/VA area are strongly encouraged to work from the office on those days
Panagora Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries including regular performance reviews and merit increases with an excellent insurance program (health, dental and vision) paid leave, holidays, bonuses, employee assistance program, training and development assistance, commuter allowance, phone allowance, Society for International Development and Humentum Memberships, as well as employee stock ownership (ESOP) and 401K programs.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.
Panagora GroupSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView All Panagora Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.