Senior HR Generalist
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes. Panagora currently has a hybrid work agreement with time split between telework and the office.
Panagora seeks a confident and driven Senior HR Generalist to support the growing needs of the Human Resources team.
The Senior HR Generalist provides comprehensive HR support on a wide variety of tasks throughout the department, from talent acquisition to onboarding to performance management and compensation. The Senior HR Generalist understands and supports the accomplishment of business priorities and supports company goals to promote the professional development and wellbeing of our employee-owners, balancing productivity with work-life balance.
The Senior HR Generalist works with various departments to support their recruitment activities (U.S. domestic now and potentially expanding to include international (Expats and TCNs)) ensuring that Panagora staff needs, and corporate objectives are met.
As part of staff retention priorities, will work closely with the Director, GHR to create and/or expand workforce planning activities, ensuring that existing as well as new HR activities and offerings support the vision of the organization.
- Collaborate with the HR team on key programs.
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and ongoing reports for company requirements.
- In collaboration with the Director, GHR support the development of a comprehensive diversity recruitment strategy for Panagora staying abreast of upcoming business growth opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Director, GHR execute against the overall employee engagement strategy.
- Support recruiting activities by posting jobs, conducting application reviews and screening, contacting applicants to schedule interviews ad completing job offer letters.
- Support the Sr. HR Specialist in the areas of new hire onboarding, benefits enrollment and administration, 401K processing and administration, compensation, and the home office Buddy Program for new hires. Be the primary backup in the absence of the Sr. HR Specialist
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, organizational chart, and contribute to policy development.
- In partnership with the Director, Global Human Resources develop, build and maintain resources to support managers and supervisors.
- Support an HRIS implementation and / or system upgrade.
- Provide daily HR Operational support to employee inquiries.
- Fill in around the HR department when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director, GHR.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of general HR experience, with progressive experience and responsibility, across the HR disciplines (i.e., recruiting, talent and performance management, compensation, benefits, and employee engagement)
- Experience with ATS and HRIS systems e.g., Zoho, iCIMS, Greenhouse, Paycor, ADP, Rippling, Taleo, LinkedIn
- Experience implementing or upgrading an HRIS.
- Ability to develop and deliver HR training materials e.g., related to recruitment, benefits, performance management, and other topics, as needed.
- Ability and flexibility to work with teams or independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in culturally diverse team environments.
- Ability to solve practical problems and make decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Ability to act with integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- SPHR/PHR Certification or equivalent qualification in HR.
- Experience with SharePoint sites
- Experience within an international organization, with international HR and USAID
Director, Global Human Resources within the Panagora Group
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
In Panagora's hybrid work structure, employees can work remotely or from the office. Occasionally, employees will be asked to work from the office to foster engagement, collaboration, belonging and professional development. Departments/teams will hold in-person meetings that involve a high degree of collaboration, where ideas are generated quickly and often feed off each other, e.g., brainstorming, storyboarding, proposal development, strategic planning, and performance discussions. Staff who reside in the DC/MD/VA area are strongly encouraged to work from the office on those days.
Panagora Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries including regular performance reviews and merit increases with an excellent insurance program (health, dental and vision) paid leave, holidays, bonuses, employee assistance program, training and development assistance, commuter allowance, phone allowance, Society for International Development and Humentum Memberships, as well as employee stock ownership (ESOP) and 401K programs.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship.
Panagora GroupSilver Spring, MD
BusinessView All Panagora Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.