The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
- Assists with maintenance schedule for the entire facility and production equipment.
- Inspects construction and installation progress based on supervisor's needs.
- Performs planned maintenance programs for a variety of facility equipment.
- Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
- Oversees the maintenance of facility projects.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments on an as-needed basis.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities on an as-needed basis.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with regulatory and safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assist with GMP initiatives and respective work required in terms of maintenance, cleanliness, facilities management.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Project Management
- Proactive and Initiative
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Software/Computer Proficiency
- Willingness to Learn
Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a temporary/part-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. However, the position requires overnight on-call duty and the ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises (e.g. facility and equipment emergencies). Reliability is key.
Hours will range based on our current needs and overall availability.
No travel is expected for this position. All work is required onsite at Golden facility.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive experience and responsibility in a maintenance field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Facilities management experience.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
- Scientific lab, manufacturing, and/or cannabis industry experience.
- GMP-run business experience.
- SAP Preventive Maintenance experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.