Facilities Maintenance Specialist (CD)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Description: This is a skilled position. The incumbent will perform routine tasks to repair and maintain equipment and
systems throughout and active jail facility. The duties will include but not limited to, coordinating, controlling, directing contractors,
and inspectors in and around the jail facility, with occasional supervision to inmates, without compromising the security of staff,
inmates, and the community.
Organization: This position will report to the Lieutenant - Facilities Manager and supervises no staff.
• Inspect and maintain all building environmental systems, such as HVAC;
• Repair or replacement of complex mechanical equipment;
• Maintain all environmental control equipment through relevant repairs and routine maintenance;
• Install, repair and replace electrical devices to include all wiring;
• Complete routine maintenance tasks such as machinery cleaning, plumbing repairs, lighting/filter replacement, locks, roofing;
• Maintain logs and complete daily reports;
• Order, control and inventory building materials/tools and cleaning supplies that enter and are used within the facility;
• Operate & maintain facility cooling plant to include pumps and cooling tower;
• Repair and maintain all types of refrigeration equipment to include kitchen equipment;
• Knowledge and compliance of Occupational Health and Safety policies, hazardous substances, environmental, water and noise
regulations, as well as State and Local building codes;
• Maintain a Preventive Maintenance Program;
• Maintain all Fire and Safety standards, logs and documentation;
• Interact with staff, vendors as well as inmates to complete projects;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work within confined spaces
• Work with caustic chemicals
• Work in occupied areas
• Work from ladders and rooftops
• Exposure to high noise levels and possible hazardous conditions
• Must be able to crawl, kneel, lift, run and climb to include stairs
• Must be able to lift up to 50#
• Able to climb a ladder
Exempt or Non-exempt
Essential or Non-essential
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Unless stated otherwise, the following are required: Basic understanding of plumbing and HVAC;
Must have the ability to operate power and hand tools as well as fire emergency equipment. Must have the ability to read, interpret and
work from schematics, diagrams and manuals. Basic knowledge of mechanical, electrical and maintenance practices, extensive
knowledge is preferred. Good Communication skills required, both oral and written, to maintain and prepare reports.
Education, Experience and Training: Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age, High School diploma or equivalent is
required. Course work and/or apprentice training in building operations with mechanical experience, with a minimum of 3 years in
the field is desired. All certifications listed are preferred, but not required: Chlor-flor-carbon (CFC license approved by EPA
Environmental Protection Agency), HVAC, Universal Refrigerant Recovery and Electrical. Any equivalent combination of
education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acceptable.
• Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
• Valid Commonwealth of Virginia Driver’s License
• Twelve month probationary period
• May work beyond normal work schedule including weekends/evenings, holidays, with on-call hours
• Pre-employment physical examination, audiometric testing, drug testing, T-spot testing, alcohol screening and
repeated according to policy thereafter
• Must wear uniform, including safety equipment
• Must maintain phone for emergency contact
• Daily inmate contact
Pamunkey Regional JailWhy Work Here?
Great benefits, participation in The Virginia Retirement System, exceptional Wellness Program
7240 Courtland Farm RoadHanover, VA
Real EstateView all jobs at Pamunkey Regional Jail