- $110,000 to $130,000 Yearly
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Systems Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Location: Hybrid: Primarily remote, AC/MV campuses, with travel to data center
Employment Status: Full Time, ExemptSummary
The IT Systems Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Palo Alto University (PAU) network. They oversee computer system support, setup, server operating systems, and perform troubleshooting when necessary. They will own an agile, practical and hands-on approach to the design, support, and continuous optimization of our cutting-edge education and enterprise infrastructure server platforms and systems.Specific Duties and Responsibilities:1.Network Support
- Proactively identify and manage university-wide system issues in order to address them in advance of service interruptions
- Investigate & evaluate customer computer system requirements and provide recommendation for solutions
- Manage system inventory & auditing efforts, including security checks on existing systems
- Act as a technical resource for higher tier helpdesk issues
- Work closely with other departments to assess the growth needs and maintenance of the university’s network
- Stay up to date with new network technology
2. Data Center Support
- Maintain the University’s data center operations
- Must be able to respond, and travel if necessary, to the Santa Clara data center within 4 hours of an incident being reported
3. Process Development and Management
- Manage the development of automation practices with existing processes in order to eliminate repetitive processes
- Document relevant processes and improvements as they are implemented
- Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed and comprehensive documentation and diagrams regarding solutions and processes
- Develop new network troubleshooting strategies to help reduce downtime and decrease maintenance costs
- Create rational strategies for upgrading the university’s network software whenever a new update is available
- Construct and implement plans to ensure the university’s network continues to operate smoothly in the event of a problem
4. Facilities Support
- Assist IT & Facilities teams with event setups as needed
- Assist with facilities issues as needed
5.Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical field
- Experience in a higher education environment is highly desirable
- 4 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Experience managing personnel in an IT setting
- Technical certifications preferred (e.g. MCSA, ITIL, A+, etc.)
- Excellent discretion in handling sensitive information such as PII, FERPA, and HIPAA.
- Expert-level knowledge and hands-on experience administering Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and SQL Administration experience.
- Hands on experience and proficiency in configuration and management of network firewalls, switches, routers, VOIP, and IP security camera
- Expert-level knowledge and hands-on experience administrator active directory & domain architecture
- Moderate-level knowledge of ERPs & CRMs.
- Hands on experience with Windows and Linux systems
- Expert level experience in incident management, including experience with root cause analysis
- Experience managing third party apps on the Salesforce environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and command of written/spoken English, with the ability to communicate complex information easily and tactfully to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot complex problems and see them through to a resolution
- Professional and service-oriented demeanor; must be able to work cooperatively with faculty, students, university colleagues, and external university partners
- Ability to commute between campus locations and the Santa Clara data center when needed (Palo Alto University has multiple campuses in the greater Palo Alto area)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality, collegial and diplomatic behavior at work, and work performance to the satisfaction of management are essential functions of the position
- May be required to participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hour
PAU is committed to providing an educational environment that supports a diverse, equitable and inclusive population. In your cover letter, please include information on how your background and experience has prepared you to be in an environment that holds equity and inclusion core to its mission and values.
The University is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to non-discrimination in its hiring and other employment practices and in the application of its personnel policies. In compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists, employment decisions will be made irrespective of the staff member's race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except for minors), sex, marital status, citizenship status, military service status, sexual orientation, medical condition (cancer- related or genetic condition), disability and/or any another status protected by law. When necessary, the University will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, if the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform all essential functions of the position and if it will be done without undue hardship to the University.
Palo Alto UniversityPalo Alto, CA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.