We are currently seeking a seasoned Service Provider Sales Engineer to help drive sales engagements from a technical perspective into strategic accounts in the US across verticals. In this position, you will play a key role in navigating complex accounts in order to generate and deliver winning proposals, contract bids, statements of work, and RFI/RFP responses.
The Systems Engineer, with Managed Security Services specialty, is directly responsible for the technical sales motion for his/her targeted service provider customers. The focus is to ensure that that our service provider customers can build Managed Security for Services Provider (MSSP); and offer the strongest security posture/differentiation possible - selling and correctly implementing the complete Palo Alto Networks solution. This is an exciting time in MSSP with strong growth and large prospect customers.
- Understand and effectively present our security platform and solutions
- Create and deliver compelling proof of concept demonstrations of Palo Alto products and solutions
- Create strategies and work successfully in a channel-driven sales model
- Create successful go to market strategies, provide education and training to sales reps and attend technical forums to upsell Palo Alto products and services
- Work closely with sales leadership on creating go to market strategies and business development and identifying new opportunities to drive growth on the Service Provider account
- Educate customers and partners on the modern network security landscape
- Identify and qualify new opportunities and support technical pre-sales activities to opportunity closure
- Expand the Palo Alto Networks install base within the assigned Service Provider account
- Assist customers through the support escalation process
- Continuous self-improvement and learning to maintain current technical knowledge, participate in technical communities of interest
- Identify problems in customer environments and drive successful outcomes
- Effectively engage SP partner and end customers at the technical level and management levels
- Effective in customer-facing engagement, and in writing, presentation, and creative problem-solving skills
- Sales engineering experience
- Experience working with a Major Service Provider - preferably Mobile Carriers
- Prior experience selling network infrastructure, and security appliances including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Proxies and Caches
- Prior experience building managed security offerings and systems integration
- Go to Market Campaign Experience
- Experience with Cloud and Virtualization architectures
- Practical knowledge of routing and switching products
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP, L4 Load balancing, SD-WAN)
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security products
- Self-motivated to deliver above sales goals
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills both internally and externally
- Enterprise sales experience with an actionable rolodex of decision makers
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach
- Very strong organizational skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude
- Team work attitude
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you'll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won't find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn't committed to your success - with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We're trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability.