Patient Care Technician
Palo Alto County Health System Emmetsburg, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Emmetsburg is an active community, located in the northwest corner of Iowa. We take pride in our relaxed atmosphere and family oriented lifestyle. Emmetsburg is a small town of approximately 3,800 people. It is small enough that you can get to know your neighbors, but large enough to offer almost everything you want or need. Located at the intersection of Highways 4 & 18 in Palo Alto County, it provides easy access to neighboring cities.
Emmetsburg is well known for its excellent school system and athletic teams, including Emmetsburg Community Schools, Emmetsburg Catholic School, and Iowa Lakes Community College.
Five Island Lake is a popular tourist destination where people can enjoy boating, fishing and swimming. Smith Wellness Center, located at the Iowa Lakes Community College Campus, offers various recreational activities for the young and the old.
Those whom are interested in Emmetsburg, whether it be a short stay or a permanent relocation, will find it to be a warm, inviting community.
Palo Alto County Health System (PACHS) is a not-for-profit county owned entity that operates for one purpose: to serve your wellness and "Lifecare" needs with respect and compassion. We do this by:
- Reinvesting our profits back into the communities we serve by improving healthcare services, buying new technologies, upgrading facilities, and making sure that care is available to everyone ' regardless of their ability to pay. Profits are not distributed to shareholders, as they would be in the case of a for-profit hospital.
- Working to improve the health of our communities. Compassion is the foundation for all that we do. Patients and their families are treated as people first, which means compassion, dignity, and respect are at the core of any treatment program. It also means that when someone is treated at one of our facilities, the needs of the whole person ' body, mind, and spirit ' are what matters >most.
- Providing a range of special benefits to the community, such as programs to manage care for persons with chronic diseases, health education and disease prevention initiatives, outreach for the elderly, and care for persons who are poor or uninsured.
PACHS provides a full continuum of primary and specialty health care from the birth of a new family member, to end of life care for residents of our communities. The main entities of PACHS include:
- Palo Alto County Hospital- 25 inpatient bed Critical Access Hospital
- Family Practice Clinicsin Emmetsburg, Graettinger and West Bend
- PARC Halla long term care facility
- Willow Ridge, Independent senior living apartments
- Community Health Services
- Home Health Service
- Hospice of Palo Alto County
- Public Health Department for Palo Alto County
- Palo Alto County Emergency Medical Services
PACHS is a member of the MercyOne Network, which offers opportunities for recruitment, training, education and networking and provides our community members a 20,000 person support team. Your Best Life, Our One purpose. The MercyOne Network encircles you with the regions highest-rated services and more locations and personalized care for you and your family. Click Here to learn more about the Power of One within the MercyOne Network https://www.mercyone.org/circle/
The Patient Care Assistant (PCA) will provide assistance with clerical and clinical activities under the direction and supervision of the RN, provides basic patient care and helps coordinate the needs of the nursing unit including answering the phone/call lights, assisting with ADL's, and helping with errands on and off the unit. Clerical work will be conducted when clinical work is not being completed. The intention is to minimize clerical functions for other personal to maximize their other rules, thus improving patient flow and satisfaction, under the RN's oversight.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must have active Iowa Certified Nursing Assistant certification.
- Completes Dependent/Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporting within 6 months of hire.
- Renews Dependent/Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporting requirement every 5 years.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, hearing and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to deal with diverse audiences.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing healthcare environment by support technology and process changes.
- Must be comfortable using excel, and word
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate residents and meet requirements of the job.
- Adapts positively to the ever-changing health care environment by supporting technology and process changes.
Palo Alto County Health SystemWhy Work Here?
Awesome health system with great benefits and a family like atmosphere! Benefits include IPERS!
3201 1st St. EmmetsburgEmmetsburg, IA