This Office Manager is primarily responsible for administrative duties, collection of accounts receivable, and collecting, maintaining, and verifying student records, attendance, and grades. An ideal candidate possesses strong people skills and exceptional attention to detail and organization. This position will work under the supervision of the Career Advisor, Placement Coordinator, and the Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review and input student enrollments to ensure all information is complete for billing, tracking, and follow-up purposes.
• Oversee physical file organization and data base maintenance of all school grade tracking and CRM systems.
• Review student accounts for payment status.
• Communicate with both students and vendors concerning current and past due invoices by generating collection letters, making collection calls, and sending electronic invoices.
• Review student enrollments, attendance records, and grades for accuracy.
• Communicate with students to ensure the procurement of all documents required by regulatory agencies as well as the school for the purposes of enrollment, graduation, and employment.
• Compile reports and tracking data on student records for the Director.
• Assist with business office operations, including customer service and potential student enrollment, as needed.
• Assist the Career Advisor, Placement Coordinator, and Director with any other tasks, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Proven, excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse employee and student population.
• Must be highly organized, able to multitask, and be a self-starter who can work independently and with a high degree of confidentiality.
• Position requires business aptitude, people skills, and strong work ethic.
• Strong student-centered focus; commitment to student satisfaction and success.
• Effective problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Make sound business decisions based on data and statistics.
• Demonstrate financial management skills
• Utilize the latest technology to enhance the growth of an organization.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to learn new computer programs/tools as they are incorporated into our business processes.
• Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
• Outgoing personality that can easily strike up and maintain conversation with both students and potential contacts within the community.
• High School Diploma required
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Recent college/university graduates are encouraged to apply
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be located in the Columbia, SC area
• Individual must sit for long periods of time at a desk
• Individual must physical travel in a car to different locations
• Individual must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. to transport supplies, course materials, marketing materials, etc. to different locations
Palmetto School of Career Developme