A family owned Propane, Refined Fuels, and Ice Distribution Company is expanding and is currently searching for Ice Delivery Drivers in Charleston SC. Our Ice Drivers are required to have a Class B CDL. Our Drivers will deliver 10# bags, 20# bags, and pallets of ice to customers throughout the Charleston market, and surrounding areas, while following route schedules. Working in varying environmental conditions is required. We are looking for Drivers that are able to maintain productivity, work independently, and work with minimal supervision. If you meet these requirements we encourage you to apply.
Interviews are being scheduled now!
Qualifications of Successful Ice Driver Candidates Include:
· Minimum CDL Class B
· Pre-Employment Drug Screen
· Computer/Systems Aptitude
· Customer Service Focused
· Productive, Reliable, and Works well with Minimum Supervision
· Verifiable Solid Work History
· Previous Delivery Experience a Plus
· Manual and Electric Pallet Jack Experience a Must
· Able to Work in Varying Environmental Conditions - Cold Environment at Times
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
· Extensive Interaction with Customers - Professional Demeanor
· During Delivery - Lifting and Hand Stacking 20# and 10# bags of Ice in Refrigerated Ice Boxes at Customers Location
· Extensive Stooping, Bending, Pulling, and Lifting During the Work Day. Occasionally could be driving for Long Periods of Time
· Electric Pallet Jack - Delivering Full Pallets of Ice Averaging 2100 LBS Per Pallet to Customers at the Time of Delivery
· Able to Safely Maneuver Full Pallets of Ice while Working in the Back of The Truck
· Properly Operate Our System Handheld while making Electronic Deliveries to Customers
· Will Get In/Out of Truck Multiple Times During the Work Day
· Accurately Track Ice Inventory on Truck Daily
· Will Follow a Daily Scheduled Route - Required to Complete Routes in a Timely Manner
· Demonstrates High Level of Safety Awareness and Consistently Promotes Safety Preventative Strategies by Following Safe Work Habits. Safe Operation of Trucks with a Capacity of at least 26,000 LBS GVW.
· Responsible for providing the Dispatcher, or Department Manager, Exceptional Communication regarding Route/Delivery Issues When Needed
All qualified Applicants must have a current CDL Class B License to be considered.