The Clinical Inspection Pharmacist completes monthly audits of our clinics as assigned.
This activity is to be performed monthly using the "Palmetto Infusion Services, Monthly Audit Checklist" and maintained in the inspection notebook located in the clinic.
- A minimum of two years recent experience in an acute-care setting or one year recent experience in home or ambulatory infusion therapy. Experience and strong knowledge base in intravenous admixture services and intravenous therapy.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy and current NC and SC pharmacy license
- Currently licensed as a registered pharmacist in state of employment.
- Strong organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
- Communicate to leadership staff (Nurse Manger and/or Director of Pharmacy when corrective actions are needed to maintain storage of medications and follow up if mandatory paperwork documentation is not being completed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide aseptic training as needed
- Review storage of medication and communicate to appropriate staff (Nurse Manager and Pharmacy Director) if storage issues noted
- Review and examine clinic for expired medication monthly
- Responsible for auditing logs including temperature and cleaning logs and other logs as necessary
- Adheres to organization policies and procedures.
- Assists the physician and other healthcare professionals involved with planning and implementing appropriate patient care in the ambulatory or home setting to ensure safe and effective drug therapy.
- Maintains records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and communicates with leadership.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain calm under pressure and cope with changing environment.
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing literature, attending in-services, and other educational opportunities.
- Participates in Performance Improvement processes including chart audits
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all federal, state, county, and municipal laws, rules, ordinances and regulations applicable to the nurse practice act in the performance of obligations herein, as well as with applicable PI policies and personnel qualifications.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees and contract employees of Palmetto Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain and provide updated proof of auto insurance.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary functions of this job. Normal office conditions exist, and the noise level in the work environment can vary from low to moderate. Limited overnight travel may be required from time to time.
All employees must uphold the confidentiality of protected health information and follow all HIPAA policies. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of information may be grounds for immediate termination.
Disclaimer: The information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Employees will be asked to perform other duties as needed.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro