Palmetto Infusion Ashley, SC
- Expired: November 03, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the initial point of contact for patients upon their arrival to the ambulatory infusion clinics within the assigned service area. On arrival to clinic greets patients, collects any co-pay or co-insurance payments. The Administrative Assistant also obtains completed required forms from patients, updating patient records as needed. May occasionally be required to travel outside the regularly assigned service area.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a related position.
- A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers.
- Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in handling interactions with Palmetto Infusion staff, other agencies, groups, patients and families.
- Competent in use of company email as means of communication, accessing the company website to view company policies and electronic medical records.
- Competent in the use of company self-service payroll software (time and attendance, benefits, pay statements).
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office products and the ability to navigate Internet Explorer. Proficient in typing, word processing (Microsoft Outlook/Express, Word, Excel), and familiar with office equipment.
- Proficient in the operation of CPR+.
- This position requires a knowledge of, and sensitivity to, cultural and language differences.
- Must have the ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- There are a number of deadlines associated with this position. The employee must also multi-task and interact with a wider variety of people on various and, at times, complicated issues.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, talk and hear. There may be prolonged periods of sitting, keyboarding, reading, as well as driving or riding in transport vehicles. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include reading, distance, computer, and color vision. Talking and hearing are essential to communicate with patients, vendors and staff.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with all members of the Palmetto Infusion team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in verifying accuracy of patient demographics, insurance, each visit.
- Obtains completed the Patient Information Form from patient, compares information from form to CPR+ and updates as needed. Forwards to the Insurance Case Manager only if any changes in insurance are identified.
- Ensures completion/reviews the Patient Information form on all new patients and at least annually on existing patients.
- Ensures AOB's are current.
- Accompanies patients and visitors to their designated destination in the office.
- On new patients, reviews written insurance benefits summary and obtains signatures on required forms.
- Prepares infusion visit packets and appointment cards.
- Prepares admission forms for new patients.
- Prints daily clinic schedule with next appointment date the day prior to the infusion day.
- Enters physicians' schedules in calendar.
- Monitor and coordinate collection of payments with each office assigned.
- Scans checks to lock box and keeps log of deposits weekly.
- Handles credit card charges for co-pays.
- Sends out patient questionnaires when patient is discharged.
- Orders and monitors usage of office supplies.
- Sends out faxes and scanning/tagging all patient medical records.
- Routes incoming mail, faxes and interoffice communications.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Maintains office equipment as necessary to ensure smooth office operations.
- Courteously answers the telephone, directing calls appropriately, and taking accurate messages when necessary.
- Attends meetings and in-services as required.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees and contract employees of Palmetto Infusion are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Display a neat, clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
- Maintain professional licensure, certification and health requirements as required for this position.